Prev Game: Scottish Championship Sat 25th Apr

prev game - Hibernian
team 1 score team 2
Hibernian 4 - 1 Alloa

Next Game: Scottish Championship Sat 2nd May

next game - Hibernian
team 1 score team 2
Falkirk 12:15 Hibernian

Scottish Championship: Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs frustrated

Last Updated: 18/08/14 10:03am

  • Share:
Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs felt referee Willie Collum missed two key incidents in their 2-1 derby defeat at rivals Hearts.

Both sides had a player sent off as a lacklustre match came alive in the closing stages, with Sam Nicholson and Prince Buaben scoring for the home side before Hibs striker Farid El Alagui pulled a goal back in stoppage-time.

Hibernian captain Liam Craig had earlier missed a penalty before Bauben showed greater accuracy with his spot-kick, awarded after Scott Robertson was dismissed for pushing the Ghanaian in the area.

Stubbs had no problem with the penalty decision but felt the officials failed to spot an elbow on Michael Nelson by Osman Sow, who was later red carded for a similar incident with the same player.

Hearts sub Jamie Walker was also accused of sticking his head into Lewis Stevenson late on to leave Stubbs frustrated.

"I've no qualms about the penalty, you can't put two hands on someone and push them. I'm not going to hide behind any decisions. But I think he missed one or two things," said Stubbs.

"I think the lad has put his head on one of our players at the end, so it will be interesting to see what happens with that. I think before the elbow incident, there were a couple of other flying elbows.

"It's up to the referee and it's not an easy job. I thought in general he controlled the game quite well but there were one or two instances."

As for the game itself, Stubbs felt his players were unlucky in failing to take a point from their trip to Tynecastle.

"I thought we warranted something out the game. We didn't look in any trouble and suddenly we found ourselves 2-0 down," he added.

"The circumstances that led to their two goals is probably the most disappointing thing, especially when you've got a team where you want them and have quietened the home crowd.

"The least we should have come out of the game with was a draw."

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson insisted he did not get a clear view of the two incidents that angered his opposite number .

Instead he chose to focus on the superb strike by Nicholson that opened the scoring.

"After 70 minutes, the game starts opening up and we got into those areas where we have got the quality, and we got that with Sam," said Neilson.

"We waited 90 minutes for him to do it at Ibrox (in the 2-1 win at Rangers) and we got it after 70 minutes here.

"It was an unstoppable shot and it gives us the impetus to win the game."

  • Share: