Didier Deschamps is ready to give Samir Nasri his first start for France since Euro 2012.
The Manchester City midfielder was banned after Euro 2012 for clashing with a journalist and he was only recalled by Deschamps earlier this year.
He has since come off the bench three times, including in crucial World Cup qualifiers with Georgia and Belarus.
Now Nasri is in line to start against Australia on Friday, and Deschamps feels he is ready and could earn a place to face Finland in their final qualifier on Tuesday.
"Against Australia, I will be able to make six substitutions. I will keep a back bone for the match against Finland, but I have to consider the fact some have already played a lot so far," said Deschamps.
"Nasri? He has suffered a lot. Now he has big desire and he has achieved two good performances from the bench against Georgia and Belarus where he scored an important goal. It is up to him to go on now."
Deschamps admits that he does not know what his best XI is, saying: "Best XI? That can also evolve.
"Some choices are more difficult in one or two positions, three maximum."
Yohan Cabaye is also back and will challenge Nasri for a midfield role, as will Patrice Evra and Gael Clichy at left-back.
"It's true that they're very closely matched, even if Patrice has played more games than Gael," Deschamps said. "But maybe both can do a little bit more.
"I hope that everyone who comes on has the same attitude and influence on the team."