Schalke coach Felix Magath has dismissed fresh speculation linking defender Rafinha with a move away from the club.
Reports surfaced only hours before Schalke's 2-2 draw at Bochum on Saturday claiming a deal had been done for the defender to move to Wolfsburg for 14million euros (£12.2m).
But Magath dismissed the rumours of a deal, although Wolfsburg managing director Dieter Hoeness later confirmed his club's interest in the 24-year-old.
Magath told Liga Total television: "There is absolutely no truth in it.
"We had this very same situation six months ago, that somebody somehow knew that Rafinha was moving to Bayern Munich - and that also happened during a Saturday afternoon game.
"Now this jester has decided to do the same all over again, only with a different club."
But Hoeness later confirmed the Bundesliga champions' interest in signing the defender, who is contracted to Schalke until June 2011.
The Wolfsburg managing director told Deutsche Presseaggentur: "Our interest is a firm one and we are going to continue talks, edging closer to make things happen then.
"It just depends on the approval of Felix (Magath)."
Asked about the reported transfer fee of £12.2m, Hoeness replied: "Those amounts have nothing to do with reality!"
But any potential transfer could have been hit by the news that Schalke and Germany defender Heiko Westermann has been ruled out for a month.
The 26-year-old damaged his knee during the recent 1-0 victory over Nurnberg and has since undergone surgery.