League Two round-up

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Lincoln City kept up the pressure on Walsall at the top of League Two with a hard-fought 1-0 win at Swindon Town, while The Saddlers were held 0-0 by MK Dons.

Jamie Forrester scored the goal at The County Ground on 63 minutes, which sees City open up a four-point gap on their opponents.

The Dons meanwhile bounced back from their midweek Carling Cup ravaging at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur, as Northampton Town loanee Lee Harper kept a clean sheet in his debut for the club.

Matt Bloomfield (93) was the hero at The Staffsmart Stadium as Wycombe Wanderers left it late to snatch a 1-0 over Boston United, who had loan debutant Drewe Broughton dismissed for two bookable offences.

The defeat leaves The Pilgrims second bottom still seven points clear of Macclesfield Town, while Wycombe moved up to third despite Tommy Doherty's sending off.

Paul Ince had an unhappy start to his Moss Rose career as Macclesfield slumped to a 3-2 defeat against Mansfield Town.

Colin Heath (49) and David Morley (81) seemed to have earned a point for the home side, but Giles Coke (65) and Richie Barker (83, 90-penalty) handed the visitors the maximum.

Town have now conceded 33 goals this season and Ince will be anxious to stem the goals against as he looks to keep his struggling team in the Football League.

Barnet pulled off an upset against Mark Wright's Chester City, as the visitors had Roberto Martinez sent off for two bookable offences.

Referee Ray Lee awarded the struggling Underhill outfit a penalty and Dean Sinclair kept his cool to give Barnet a much-needed 1-0 win.

Bury had Andy Bishop (31) to thank for their three points at Notts County. The North West side moved on to 20 points with the win, now only seven points behind their opponents

Lowly Grimsby Town battled to a 2-2 draw away against Peterborough United in a scintillating second half at London Road.

Ciaran Toner (52) and Peter Bore (73) twice put Town ahead, but Ben Futcher (61) and Trevor Benjamin (79) twice equalised for the home side.

The Mariners also had to contend with a sending off for Gary Jones as they remain in 21st place in the league.

Alan Connell scored five minutes from the end to hand Hereford United a 1-0 win at home to fellow League Two newcomers Accrington Stanley.

The result sees the home side leapfrog their opponents and move up to eighth.

Rochdale slumped to a disappointing 3-1 defeat at home to Stockport County. Ashley Williams put the visitors ahead on 19 minutes, a Mark Robinson penalty followed (45).

But referee Trevor Kettle then evened things up by awarding a penalty for the home side with Gary Jones converting (53), before Tesfaye Bramble sealed the win for County on 80 minutes.

Torquay United held Shrewsbury Town 0-0 at Plainmoor as they moved up to 18th in the league, while The Shrews dropped to ninth.

Wrexham had Chris Llewellyn sent off in their much-needed 2-0 win over Bristol Rovers. But the Welshman's work was already done, having scored the first for The Dragons on 22 minutes.

Tom Craddock sealed the victory in the 93rd minute as Wrexham moved up to 19th.

Meanwhile, Hartlepool United and Darlington shared a point apiece in a 0-0 stalemate at Victoria Park.

Click below for an individual match summary:
Barnet 1-0 Chester City
Boston United 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers
Hartlepool United 0-0 Darlington
Hereford United 1-0 Accrington Stanley
Macclesfield Town 2-3 Mansfield Town
Notts County 0-1 Bury
Peterborough United 2-2 Grimsby Town
Rochdale 1-3 Stockport County
Swindon Town 0-1 Lincoln City
Torquay United 0-0 Shrewsbury Town
Walsall 0-0 Milton Keynes Dons
Wrexham 2-0 Bristol Rovers