Barnsley have dismissed reports that Scott Flinders has joined Crystal Palace.
Reports on Thursday claimed Palace had agreed to sign the highly-rated goalkeeper.
The Championship new boys revealed earlier this week they had rejected a bid from a mystery club for the 20-year-old.
Tykes boss Andy Ritchie was bemused of the reports linking Flinders with Palace.
"I am certainly not aware of it," Ritchie told the club's official website. "At the moment, we have had no further bid for Scott."
A further statement from the club on their official website said: "Despite comments in The Sun newspaper, the only offer that the club have received for goalkeeper Scott Flinders was rejected in writing on Monday.
"Since that time, no further bid has been made by anyone. The report is completely untrue. Scott Flinders has not signed for anyone and remains a Barnsley FC player."