Brazilian forward Ronaldo insists he is still in talks with Manchester City over a proposed move to Eastlands.
City claimed last month they would not be pursuing interest in the three-time World Player of the Year, who is currently training with Flamengo after his AC Milan contract expired in the summer.
The 32-year-old is still recovering from a serious knee injury and is poised to take a full part in Monday's training session with Flamengo.
As a free agent, Ronaldo is available without a transfer fee and has also alerted the attention of French giants Paris St Germain.
But Ronaldo admits City provide a tempting alternative given the strong Brazilian influence at the club, with former international team-mate Robinho becoming their record signing on deadline day.
"Paris is a city that I love and they have a great project to win the league title," Ronaldo told the Gazzetta dello Sport.
"However, at City I have Robinho, who is a great friend of mine. But we will see, in the past few days we have spoken.
"For the time being, my only aim is to return to playing, the rest will follow.
"There's a great bond between Flamengo and me," he added. "It's the team I love.
"It's true that they would want me to stay. But this will remain a great dream because at this time I have no intention of making a decision."
The former Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid star has overcome a string of serious injuries during his illustrious career and hopes the worst is over in his latest bid to regain full fitness.
"I am training hard and I am really looking forward to playing again," he said.
"I've started to train with the ball and practising with some team-mates. I don't have much strength in my muscles yet but the knee doesn't give me any pain, which is the most important thing.
"One thing is clear, if I didn't have a profound love for football, I would not be here making all these sacrifices."