Everton have rejected reports that they have turned down a bid from Wigan for Andy Johnson.
Johnson's future at Goodison Park has been the subject of constant speculation all summer with a host of clubs believed to be keeping tabs on the England international.
Reports on Thursday suggested Wigan had tabled a £9million bid for the former Crystal Palace hit-man and that the offer had been turned down.
Everton have moved to clear up the speculation, saying they have had no bid to turn down for Johnson.
"Everton have dismissed reports that they have received a bid for Andrew Johnson," read a club statement.
"Reports this afternoon (Thursday) claimed Wigan Athletic had been in contact with The Toffees and lodged a £9 million bid.
"The same reports said the bid had been rejected by Everton. However, officials at the club have clarified that this is not the case."
Meanwhile, Everton defender Joseph Yobo has thanked the club and Toffees fans for their support during his brother's kidnap ordeal.
Norum Yobo was released earlier this week after being held captive for 12 days and Nigerian international Yobo admits it was a traumatic time for him.
"First of all, I thank God that all our prayers have been answered and that my brother is safely back home with the family," Yobo told the club's official website.
"I would like to thank everyone connected with Everton for being so supportive and helping me stay strong.
"The chairman was in touch on day one and gave me a lot of support. He told me that if there was anything we needed, we just had to let him know. I was very grateful for that."
"The fans have been very concerned for my brother and for me and my family and I thank them for that," he said.
"I love them all and the only way I can repay them is to do what I know best... and that's to play football to the best of my ability.
"I am more determined than ever to do my best for them and help the team do even better than we did last year."