Lille full-back and Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy not planning January move
By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: December 1, 2012 10:34pm
Mathieu Debuchy: Does not think he will leave Lille during the January transfer window
Mathieu Debuchy is not ruling anything out in the January transfer window, but says he does not expect to leave Lille in the middle of the season.
The France international was targeted by Newcastle United in the summer and was disappointed at the time when a move did not go through.
He has kept his focus on Lille for the past few months but speculation has resurfaced to suggest that Newcastle could go back in for the right-back at the turn of the year.
However, Debuchy is not a fan of the winter transfer market and expects to stay at Lille until at least the end of the season.
"I didn't think about that period so far, but I can't see me leaving a team in the middle of the season," he told reporters.
"I don't like that winter transfer market. However, you never know what can happen in football.
"I prefer to not think about it. I met my officials last summer, and there were things I appreciated and others I did not."