Andrew Mitchell had no hesitation in signing a new deal with Rangers despite the uncertainty over which league the newco version of the club will be playing in.
The 20-year-old, whose contract expired at the end of the season, was one of 13 players who turned up for the club's first day of pre-season training on Thursday.
The Northern Irishman, who has made just two competitive appearances for the Ibrox outfit, has put pen to paper on a fresh one-year deal, as revealed by Sky Sports earlier on Monday.
Mitchell told the club's official website: "I'm over the moon to be signing on again with Rangers. I'm really buzzing about it.
"It has been a hard summer for me so I'm delighted to get everything sorted now so that I can concentrate on my football."
Mitchell, who made his debut in a 2-1 defeat by Dundee United in March, joins compatriot Chris Hegarty in signing a deal with the relaunched Ibrox club, who still face an uncertain future.
"Before we broke up for the summer, the manager said the club wanted to keep me on and I was happy about that," he said.
"I came back on Thursday and after a bit of testing and some talks with my agent, it was good to get the contract signed.
"It's terrible what has happened to Rangers but it gives me a great opportunity to come through and show what I can do.
"I feel good. I've kept myself going over the summer, have played a bit of five-a-sides and done a few runs so I can't wait for the season to start now.
"No matter what league we are playing in, the boys are going to give it their all to win games and get us back to where we belong."