Austrian striker Marc Janko has departed FC Twente for Porto on a three-and-a-half year contract after the two clubs finally agreed a deal.
Twente and Porto had reportedly been in talks over the forward since Sunday and he finally joined the Portuguese champions on transfer deadline day in a reported €5million deal.
Janko, who arrived in Enschede from Red Bull Salzburg in 2010, was relieved to see the move go through.
"It was very strange for me when there was much [of the deal] still to be completed," Janko told Sport Promotion.
"Of course you assume that everything will be okay, but still, what if it does not happen? Now everything is done and I can therefore only be satisfied.
"Porto is of course a great club to play for. Not only in Portugal but also in Europe. They qualify for the Champions League almost all the time and I consider it an honour to represent this club.''
Twente have invested the money from the Janko transfer in the double signing of strikers Wesley Verhoek from ADO Den Haag and Heracles Almelo man Glynor Plet.
Steve McClaren previously tried to sign Dutchman Verhoek while in charge at Nottingham Forest but the proposed deal fell through.
The former England boss has now got his man after the 25-year-old signed at Twente until 2014, with the option for an extra year.
Plet, meanwhile, has signed a three-and-a-half year deal in Enschede after scoring 10 goals in 19 Eredivisie games for Heracles this season.
McClaren told TC/Tubantia of the frontman, also 25: "He's a late bloomer who is currently developing very rapidly."