Getafe rule out Soldado sale
Striker will not be moved on during the winter window
By Francisco Acedo. Last Updated: December 21, 2009 10:31am
Soldado: Staying put
Getafe president Angel Torres insists Roberto Soldado remains fully committed to the club.
The Spanish striker has been strongly linked with a move to Blackburn ahead of the January transfer window, with Rovers reported to be preparing a £10million bid.
Soldado has been made aware of the interest from England, with initial contact believed to have already been made.
However, the 24-year-old has told Getafe that he is prepared to stay until at least the end of the season, laying any reports of an imminent exit to rest.
"The issue depended on the views of the players and he has decided to remain at the club," said Torres.
"This is good news for us because the kid is developing quickly and has had a sensational season so far."
Soldado is also said to have spurned the opportunity to join ambitious Russian outfit Rubin Kazan, who have also enquired as to his availability.