Justin Rose: Has struggled in recent Opens
A brilliant fourth at Royal Birkdale as an amateur in 1998 but has never made the top 10 in an Open as a pro.
* Became England's first major winner since 1996 when capturing the US Open at Medinah by a shot. Also first English player to win US Open since 1970.
* Burst onto scene when tied fourth as 17-year-old amateur on Open Championship debut at Royal Birkdale.
* Turned pro after top four at Royal Birkdale and missed first 21 cuts.
* 6 PGA Tour wins: 2010 Memorial, AT&T National, 2011 BMW Championship, 2012 WGC-Cadillac Championship, 2013 US Open, 2014 Quicken Loans National.
* Played starring role in 2012 Ryder Cup when holing birdie putts at 17 (35ft) and 18 (12ft) to beat Phil Mickelson and help Europe pull off dramatic win.
* Didn't play in 2006 Open at Hoylake. Has missed three of last four Open cuts. Best finish as pro: 12th at Carnoustie in 2007.
|2014||The Open Championship||T21||72+70+69+72||283||-5|
|2014||Quicken Loans National||1||74+65+71+70||280||-4|
|2014||The Memorial Tournament||-||73+72||145||1|
|2014||BMW PGA Championship||25||70+73+70+71||284||-4|
|The Open Championship||T21||-||-||T44||-||T13||T70|
|US PGA Championship||-||T33||T3||-||T100||-||T9|