Quiz of 2013
It's been another great sporting year but what do you remember from the last 12 months? Put yourself to the test with our 100-question quiz.
Last Updated: 19/12/13 2:41pm
Who scored the FA Cup final winner? Who was England's leading wicket-taker in the Ashes in the summer? Where did Justin Rose claim the US Open title? These are just some of the questions in our quiz of 2013.
Try your luck and see how many of our century of questions you can get right...
1) Non-league Luton knocked which top-flight side out of last season's FA Cup?
2) Name the winners of the four English divisions at the end of the 2012/13 season.
3) Which four teams finished bottom of their respective English leagues in 2013?
4) Which teams won promotion through the Football League play-offs?
Palace win the Championship play-offs - but who did they beat at Wembley?
5) Name the three beaten play-off finalists.
6) Which side finished runners-up to Celtic in the 2013/2014 Scottish Premier League season?
7) Who knocked Rangers out in the first round of the Scottish League Cup in August?
8) Which player scored the winner as Wigan beat Manchester City 1-0 in the 2013 FA Cup final?
9) Who was the first Barclays Premier League manager to leave his job in September 2013?
Struggling with any of the questions? Click here for the answers.
10) Name the winners of the Scottish Championship, League One and League Two in 2013.
11) Which striker topped the scoring charts for the 2012/2013 Barclays Premier League with 26 goals?
12) Name the losing semi-finalists in the 2013 Capital One Cup, which was won by Swansea when they thrashed Bradford 5-0 at Wembley.
13) Which team secured an eighth League of Ireland Premier Division title in October 2013?
14) Which team did Chelsea beat to win the 2013 Europa League final?
15) Who won the 2013 Major League Soccer Cup final when they beat Real Salt Lake?
16) Name the Wales player who retired from international football at the end of the World Cup qualifiers.
17) Which two German sides contest the 2013 Champions League final at Wembley in May?
18) Who were runners-up to The New Saints in the 2013 League of Wales championship?
19) Who was named as assistant to new Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill earlier this year?
20) Who became the most expensive footballer in the world when he left Tottenham to join Real Madrid for £85.3million?
21) Northern Ireland's all-time leading goalscorer recently announced his retirement. Who is he?
22) Who did Scotland beat in the final match of their World Cup qualifying campaign at Hampden Park?
23) "He was as hard as nails, as tough as teak." To which fellow Busby Babe, who died in November, did Sir Bobby Charlton pay this tribute?
24) Who was named the new England Women's head coach to replace Hope Powell?
25) Which teams have England drawn in the group stage of next year's World Cup?
CRICKET - THE ASHES
26) Name the venue of the fourth Ashes Test in August 2013, where England secured an unassailable 3-0 lead.
27) Who was England's leading wicket-taker against Australia in the summer?
28) Name Australia's leading batsman in the 2013 Ashes.
29) Which England player left the return series in Australia because of a stress-related illness?
30) Which famous venue will host the 2013 Boxing Day Ashes Test?
CRICKET - GENERAL
31) Name the West Indian bowler who dismissed Sachin Tendulkar in his final Test innings.
Who was the West Indian bowler who dismissed Sachin Tendulkar in his final Test innings?
32) Where did the world's first underground cricket match take place in early December?
33) Who were the winners of the LV= County Championship Division One and Two titles?
34) Which Worcestershire batsman scored the most runs in the County Championship last season, with 1,375?
35) Name the 2013 Friends Life t20 winners.
36) Wales won the 2013 RBS 6 Nations crown, but against which team did they lose in their opening match in Cardiff?
37) Who were the only provincial side to defeat the British & Irish Lions in Australia during the summer?
38) Who captained the Lions to victory over Australia in the decisive final Test in Sydney, where Brian O'Driscoll had been controversially dropped?
39) Who was named England's player of the QBE Internationals against Australia, Argentina and New Zealand?
40) Name the two New Zealanders named 2013 International Rugby Board player and coach of the year.
41) Which nation finished bottom of the Six Nations table?
42) Name the Welshman who finished as the Six Nations' leading try-scorer with four.
43) Which two French club sides contested the 2013 Heineken Cup final?
44) Leicester beat which side to claim the 2012/2013 Aviva Premiership crown at Twickenham in May?
45) Name the runners-up in the 2012/13 RFU Championship, which was won by Newcastle.
46) At which venue did England's Justin Rose claim the US Open title?
Where did Justin Rose claim the US Open title?
47) Name the other three major winners in 2013.
48) "8th hole is a joke. 18th needs a windmill and a clown face." Who said that and why?
49) In which event, where he was defending champion, did Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy walk off the course midway through his second round?50) Name the Korean golfer who won three major titles on the LPGA Tour in 2013.
51) Who converted his own last-minute try to send New Zealand through to the Rugby League World Cup final at the expense of England?
52) Name the 2013 Engage Super League Man of Steel.
53) Which side were beaten by Wigan in the final of the Carnegie Challenge Cup?
54) Who was voted man of the match in the Super League Grand Final between Warrington and Wigan?
55) Can you name the French venues for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup?
56) Where did Britain's Lewis Hamilton win his only Grand Prix in 2013?
57) Which German driver took the chequered flag at the British Grand Prix?
58) How many races did Sebastian Vettel win as he swept to the 2013 drivers' title?
59) Which three races were dropped when the provisional 2014 calendar was reduced from 22 races to 19?
60) Who finished second to Red Bull in the constructors' championship?
TENNIS - WIMBLEDON
61) Andy Murray ended a 77-year wait for a British men's champion at Wimbledon when he defeated Novak Djokovic - but who did he beat in the semi-final?
Andy Murray wins at Wimbledon - but who did he beat in the semi-final?
62) Which French player, who would announce her retirement just weeks later, won the women's singles title?
63) Name the Americans who claimed the men's doubles crown to become the first pair to hold all four grand slams and Olympic gold at the same time.
64) Steve Darcis and Sergiy Stakhovsky produced shock wins against which two former champions?
65) Who became the first British woman in 15 years to reach the fourth round?
TENNIS - GENERAL
66) Which country beat Serbia to retain the Davis Cup?
67) Aside from Murray's Wimbledon triumph, name the winners of the other three men's grand slam titles in 2013.
68) Aside from Wimbledon, name the winners of the other three women's grand slam titles in 2013.
69) Who were beaten 4-0 by Italy in the final of the Fed Cup?
70) Name the host city for the season-ending WTA Tour Championships.
71) In March, Team GB athletes Perri Shakes-Drayton and Eilidh Child took gold and silver in which event at the European Indoor Championships in Gothenburg?
72) Name the four Jamaicans who were in the men's 100m final at the IAAF World Championships in Moscow?
73) Which multi-discipline Czech track athlete went unbeaten throughout the 2013 season?
74) Over which distance did Mo Farah break the European record in 2013?
75) Who were the winners of the men's and women's elite races at the London Marathon?
76) Who did Carl Froch beat by unanimous points decision at the O2 Arena in May to retain his IBF super-middleweight title and claim the WBA crown?
77) Heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko fought which two boxers in 2013?
78) Malik Scott, Edmund Gerber and Ondrej Pala were opponents for which British fighter in 2013?
79) Name the host city for the 2013 World Amateur Boxing Championships.
80) Which former heavyweight champion was forced to pull out of promotional appearances in London after being barred from entering the country because of previous convictions?
81) Who beat the San Antonio Spurs to win their second straight NBA Finals title?
82) Which NFL team defeated the San Francisco 49ers to win Super Bowl XLVII?
83) Name the 2013 winners of baseball's World Series winners.
84) This year's NHL Stanley Cup final was contested between which two teams?
85) Name the four franchises that took part in the NFL International Series matches at Wembley in September and October.
86) At which race course did champion jump jockey Tony McCoy record his 4,000th career win on Mountain Tunes in November?
At which course did Tony McCoy record his 4,000th career win?
87) Name the 66-1 winner of the 2013 Grand National.
88) Who trained this year's Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Bobs Worth?
89) Jockey Ryan Moore rode which horse to victory in the 2013 Derby at Epsom?
90) Fiorente won which international showpiece race on November 5?
91) Which British rider won the 2013 Tour de France?
92) Name the player beaten by Ronnie O'Sullivan in the 2013 World Snooker Championship final?
93) Which French driver won the 2013 World Rally Championship?
94) Who said this in 2013: "The definition of a cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they don't have. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."
95) Which country provided the winners of the MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 classes?
96) Name the Briton who defeated incumbent Pat McQuaid in the UCI presidential election in September.
97) Which British snooker player was handed a 12-year ban for his involvement in match-fixing?
98) Who were the only British medal winners at the 2013 World Aquatics Championships?
99) Which British sailor, a gold medallist from London 2012, was killed in an accident ahead of the 2013 America's Cup in San Francisco?
100) Who did Phil Taylor beat to win the 2013 Professional Darts Championship?
Struggling with any of the questions? Click here for the answers.