Ronnie O'Sullivan to reveal future plans at London press conference on Tuesday
Last Updated: 26/02/13 12:46pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Has played just one match all season
Ronnie O'Sullivan has called a press conference for Tuesday to make an announcement on his future.
The four-time world champion has until the end of February to decide whether he will defend his Crucible title at the end of an idle season.
O'Sullivan has played just one match this term and told World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn in November he would not be back for the World Championship.
But the 37-year-old's decision to call a press conference in London has sparked rumours he may have had a change of heart.
A statement gave nothing away, saying only that O'Sullivan would "make a statement regarding his future career plans".
O'Sullivan was at the Masters as a spectator in January and Hearn insisted the player could still enter the sport's blue ribband event.
"He has until 28 February. He knows the date and it's up to him," said Hearn.
"He's got a lot of issues he's trying to clear up. He knows the sport doesn't revolve around one person, but he knows we love him and we miss him.
"He's probably thought about coming back for the World Championship but you can't ever say what Ronnie is really thinking. He does tend to change his mind every 24 hours."
It was reported recently that O'Sullivan had been working on a farm in Essex.
On the prospect of his friend returning to the baize, Jimmy White tweeted on Thursday: "Last time I spoke to Ronnie he wasn't going to play. I'd love him too but he has big plans away from snooker."