RaboDirect Pro12: Forwards seal Treviso win against Edinburgh
Last Updated: 20/04/13 11:31am
Tries from Manoa Vosawai, Michele Rizzo and Simone Favaro led Treviso to a 30-10 win over Edinburgh at Stadio Monigo.
The visitors actually led 10-0 after only 13 minutes but failed to score another point afterwards, meaning they were unable to record a third win in four outings in the RaboDirect Pro12.
Scotland international Greig Laidlaw slotted over a third-minute penalty to break the deadlock and then converted Matt Scott's try 10 minutes later.
Treviso's first points arrived just before the half-hour mark, Alberto di Bernardo slotting over a penalty.
Benetton received a further boost soon after when Edinburgh full-back Tom Brown was shown a yellow card, di Bernardo slotting over the resulting penalty to cut the gap to seven points.
They took the lead just before the break when Manoa Vosawai crossed for a try that was also converted before going on to dominate in the second half.
Prop Michele Rizzo crossed on the hour with di Bernardo and ven the loss of Edoardo Gori and Ignacio Fernandez-Rouyet to yellow cards in the final seven minutes failed to slow down the Italians.
Simone Favaro even managed a try in the closing stages to round out a superb win for the hosts, meaning they move up to seventh in the table after competing the double over the opponents this season.
RaboDirect PRO12 2012/13 Round 19
Ulster will aim to finish at the top of the RaboDirect PRO12 table when they take on Cardiff Blues at Ravenhill.
Connacht say goodbye to their number seven Johnny O'Connor when they take on Glasgow at the Galway Sportsground.
Paul O'Donohoe's last-minute try salvaged a 23-23 draw for Connacht in Treviso.
- Weir injury blow for Glasgow
- Leinster boost play-off hopes
- Davies stars in Scarlets win
- Ulster bag bonus at Connacht
- Soaring Glasgow claim points
- Dragons hold off Munster rally
- Scarlets v Cardiff: Teams
- O'Driscoll seals Leinster win
- Ospreys soar into top four
- Cardiff ease past Zebre
- Connacht hold off Edinburgh
- Bowe inspires Ulster romp
- Scarlets see off Glasgow
- Munster v Leinster: Teams
- Cardiff Blues v Zebre: Teams
- Edinburgh v Connacht: Teams
- Scarlets v Glasgow: Teams
- Treviso-Connacht postponed
- Ulster finally win in Dublin
- Ospreys stay in play-off hunt
- Scarlets hold off Dragons
- Glasgow top with Munster mash
- Successive wins for Edinburgh