RaboDirect Pro12: Forwards seal Treviso win against Edinburgh
Last Updated: 20/04/13 11:31am
Tries from Manoa Vosawai, Michele Rizzo and Simone Favaro led Treviso to a 30-10 win over Edinburgh at Stadio Monigo.
The visitors actually led 10-0 after only 13 minutes but failed to score another point afterwards, meaning they were unable to record a third win in four outings in the RaboDirect Pro12.
Scotland international Greig Laidlaw slotted over a third-minute penalty to break the deadlock and then converted Matt Scott's try 10 minutes later.
Treviso's first points arrived just before the half-hour mark, Alberto di Bernardo slotting over a penalty.
Benetton received a further boost soon after when Edinburgh full-back Tom Brown was shown a yellow card, di Bernardo slotting over the resulting penalty to cut the gap to seven points.
They took the lead just before the break when Manoa Vosawai crossed for a try that was also converted before going on to dominate in the second half.
Prop Michele Rizzo crossed on the hour with di Bernardo and ven the loss of Edoardo Gori and Ignacio Fernandez-Rouyet to yellow cards in the final seven minutes failed to slow down the Italians.
Simone Favaro even managed a try in the closing stages to round out a superb win for the hosts, meaning they move up to seventh in the table after competing the double over the opponents this season.
Fri 24th Apr
Edinburgh37 - 0Zebre
Ulster26 - 10Leinster
Sat 25th Apr
Connacht13 - 31Glasgow Warriors
Dragons0 - 0Scarlets
Fri 8th May
Dragons0 - 0Edinburgh
Leinster0 - 0Treviso
Ospreys0 - 0Glasgow Warriors
Sat 9th May
Ulster0 - 0Munster
Zebre0 - 0Connacht
Sun 10th May
Scarlets0 - 0Cardiff Blues
Sat 16th May
Cardiff Blues0 - 0Zebre
Connacht0 - 0Ospreys
Edinburgh0 - 0Leinster
Glasgow Warriors0 - 0Ulster
Munster0 - 0Dragons
Treviso0 - 0Scarlets
RaboDirect PRO12 2012/13 Round 19
Ulster will aim to finish at the top of the RaboDirect PRO12 table when they take on Cardiff Blues at Ravenhill.
Connacht say goodbye to their number seven Johnny O'Connor when they take on Glasgow at the Galway Sportsground.
Paul O'Donohoe's last-minute try salvaged a 23-23 draw for Connacht in Treviso.
- Weir injury blow for Glasgow
- Leinster boost play-off hopes
- Davies stars in Scarlets win
- Ulster bag bonus at Connacht
- Soaring Glasgow claim points
- Dragons hold off Munster rally
- Scarlets v Cardiff: Teams
- O'Driscoll seals Leinster win
- Ospreys soar into top four
- Cardiff ease past Zebre
- Connacht hold off Edinburgh
- Bowe inspires Ulster romp
- Scarlets see off Glasgow
- Munster v Leinster: Teams
- Cardiff Blues v Zebre: Teams
- Edinburgh v Connacht: Teams
- Scarlets v Glasgow: Teams
- Treviso-Connacht postponed
- Ulster finally win in Dublin
- Ospreys stay in play-off hunt
- Scarlets hold off Dragons
- Glasgow top with Munster mash
- Successive wins for Edinburgh