Heineken Cup: Biarritz run in six tries to crush Zebre
Last Updated: 20/10/12 8:59pm
Yann Lesgourgues: two tries for Biarritz
Biarritz cruised to their first win in Heineken Cup Pool 3 with a 38-17 victory over tournament newcomers Zebre.
Yann Lesgourgues scored the first of his two tries in a decisive opening 20 minutes as the hosts, thrashed 40-13 by Harlequins in their opener, raced clear.
Fabien Barcella and Takudzwa Ngwenya also crossed for the hosts before Daniel Halangahu and Gonzalo Garcia landed penalties for the visitors to make it 19-9 at the break.
A second Biarritz burst after half-time, that saw Pelu Taele-Pvihi and Lesgourgues score in 10 minutes after the resumption, put the French side out of sight.
Halangahu replied with his third penalty of the game but when Emiliano Caffini was given a yellow card on the hour Arnaud Heguy immediately crossed for his side's sixth.
Dries van Schalkwyk grabbed a late consolation for the Italians.
Heineken Cup week two
Sky Bet's rugby expert assesses the market ahead of the second round of the Heineken Cup.
Dewi Morris was impressed with the strength of Saracens front line as they beat Racing Metro 30-13 in the Heineken Cup.
Pat Sanderson believes Toulon found it tough thanks to a spirited Cardiff performance in round two of the Heineken Cup.
- Cockerill hails Tigers display
- Leicester keep Cup hopes alive
- Munster eye Sarries after win
- Montpellier owerpower Sharks
- Munster seal bonus-point win
- Baxter: Cup loss an education
- O'Shea: Quins are comfortable
- Clermont demolish limp Exeter
- Two from two for gutsy Quins
- McCall defends Sarries subs
- Saracens dominant in Belgium
- Toulouse down brave Treviso
- Sexton's boot beats Scarlets
- Hartley staying positive
- Townsend defiant in defeat
- Castres too good for Saints
- Ulster grind out crucial win
- Leicester v Ospreys: Teams
- Treviso v Toulouse: Teams
- Connacht v Harlequins: Teams