RaboDirect PRO12 match report - Glasgow ease to Treviso triumph at Scotstoun
Last Updated: 04/01/13 10:16pm
Stuart Hogg: Scored two of Glasgow's five tries against Treviso
Glasgow moved up to second place in the RaboDirect PRO12 table following a 41-7 victory over Treviso on Friday night.
Full-back Stuart Hogg ran in two of the five tries scored by the Scottish outfit, who have now won three league matches on the bounce.
Tommy Seymour, DTH van der Merwe and replacement Nikola Matawalu also went over for the home side, who played against 14 men for 74 minutes after Treviso prop Manoa Vosawai was sent off for a dangerous tackle.
Ruaridh Jackson proved reliable from the kicking tee, slotting five kicks between the sticks and collecting the man of the match award. Duncan Weir also added to the scoring with two late conversions.
The home side were unable to keep a clean sheet though, as Treviso scored a second half try through Francesco Minto.
Gregor Townsend's decision to play an experienced 15 paid off as his side sped into an early lead when, after just three minutes, Jackson slammed the ball between the posts from close range.
Treviso were then struck a huge blow with just five minutes on the clock when Vosawai was sent packing following a dangerous tackle on Glasgow skipper Al Kellock.
Glasgow looked to take advantage of the extra man on the field and converted tries from Van Der Merwe, Hogg and Seymour gave Glasgow a commanding 27-0 half-time lead.
In the second period Treviso struck first with a try from Francesco Minto, however Glasgow grabbed the bonus point through Matawalu before Hogg boosted his Scotland credentials with a late second.
RaboDirect PRO12 2012/13
Edinburgh signed off their RaboDirect PRO12 campaign with a 31-24 victory over the Dragons at Murrayfield.
Allan Jacobsen will start his last match in a 16-year Edinburgh rugby career against the Dragons at Murrayfield.
The Scarlets will look to secure their spot in the PRO12 semi-finals when they host Treviso at Parc y Scarlets.
- Zebre v Munster: Teams
- Glasgow v Ospreys: Teams
- Treviso v Edinburgh: Teams
- Connacht battle to Zebre win
- Sweet double for Scarlets
- Ryan lights up Leinster win
- Ospreys grounded by Connacht
- Glasgow drubbing for Dragons
- Ulster back with bonus win
- Connacht v Ospreys: Teams
- Glasgow beat rock-bottom Zebre
- Munster ease past Edinburgh
- Dragons finish with a flourish
- Williams stars for Scarlets
- Leinster ease past Blues
- Ospreys win away at Ulster
- Zebre v Glasgow: Teams
- Munster v Edinburgh: Teams
- Cardiff leave Munster blue
- Connacht ease past Dragons
- Red-hot Ulster crush Scarlets
- Ospreys v Zebre: Teams
- Edinburgh v Leinster: Teams
- Glasgow edge Edinburgh again
- Leinster v Connacht: Teams
- Treviso v Zebre: Teams