Sergio Parisse has had his ban reduced and will be available to face England
Last Updated: 06/03/13 4:42pm
Sergio Parisse: Will be in action at Twickenham on Sunday after all.
Italian captain Sergio Parisse will be able to line up against England on Sunday after having a suspension reduced on appeal.
Parisse was given a 30-day ban, plus 10 days suspended, after he was sent off the way for the way he spoke to the referee when playing for Stade Francais against Bordeaux-Begles on 16 February.
But the ban has now been reduced to just 20 days, meaning it will elapse on Friday and the hugely influential back row forward will be free to play at Twickenham.
FFR Appeals Commission president Gilbert Chevrier said: "Parisse will be re-activated as of Saturday, so he'll be able to play against England."
Referee Laurent Cardona accused the Argentine-born Azzurri star of insulting him in English, a charge which the multi-lingual Parisse has strongly denied.
And his charge has now been reduced from 'insulting a referee' to 'failing in his captain's duties', and he will perform community service as well as serve the 20-day ban.
The 29-year-old Parisse, who has been capped 93 times by Italy, missed the Six Nations loss to Wales in Rome and had been set to sit out the remainder of the event but will now be able to face both England and Ireland, who the Italians face in Rome on 16 March.
Italy team manager Luigi Troiani said: "We're satisfied to discover that Sergio Parisse's suspension has been reduced to 20 days and therefore he will be available for the next two Six Nations matches.
"Sergio is an important element in this group and we cannot be anything but delighted that he will be available to the coach for the matches against England and Ireland."