Wales star Jonathan Davies back in training ahead of Six Nations
Last Updated: 02/01/14 2:43pm
Jonathan Davies: Progressing well in comeback from in jury
Wales centre Jonathan Davies is hopeful of playing some part in the RBS Six Nations having returned to training with the Scarlets.
The 25-year-old British & Irish Lion suffered a ruptured pectoral during the autumn international against South Africa and had been expected to miss the entirety of the 2014 Six Nations.
But Davies, who confirmed in November he will leave Wales to take up a lucrative contract with French giants Clermont Auvergne next season, is progressing quickly in his rehabilitation.
With Six Nations champions Wales scheduled to face England at Twickenham on March 9, a statement on the Scarlets' website said Davies was "progressing well - light running. Fit for return early March."
There was less positive news for the Scarlets in the form of the injury to wing Mike Poole, who sustained a serious neck injury during Saturday's clash with Swansea.
Scarlets head of medical Andy Walker said: "Mike's injury was serious; the surgery undertaken has been successful and thankfully there has been no loss of function as a result of the injury.
"He will undergo a further CT scan later to ascertain whether he will need one further operation; however to date he has progressed well, the injury has been stabilised and he is recovering."