London Irish utility back James O'Connor has agreed to join Toulon at the end of the season on a one-year deal.
Club president Mourad Boudjellal announced on Thursday that the 23-year-old will make the switch to the south of France.
"President Boudjellal this morning said O'Connor will play for Toulon next season. And maybe more," said a club spokesman.
However, the move could jeopardise O'Connor's hopes of being selected by Australia for the 2015 World Cup.
Wallabies head coach Ewen McKenzie has said that he will only consider players who are playing for an Australia club.
O'Connor had previously suggested that one of his main reasons for not agreeing a contract extension with London Irish was that he intended to return Down Under in time for the 2015 Super Rugby season.
That now appears to not be the case, meaning O'Connor's international exile could be extended past next year's World Cup in England.
The Queenslander has won 44 caps for Australia but his contract was terminated following a number of off-field incidents.
O'Connor will link up with former Wallabies Matt Giteau and Drew Mitchell at the Stade Felix Mayol, as well as Wales full-back Leigh Halfpenny, who will join from Cardiff Blues this summer.