Martin Moore plans to stay at Leinster
Last Updated: 11/12/13 9:28pm
Highly-rated front-rower Martin Moore is ready to commit his future to his home province Leinster.
The tighthead prop has reportedly emerged as a target for Exeter Chiefs and Racing Metro, among other interested European suitors.
But the talented 22-year-old has revealed he expects to complete terms on a new deal with Leinster in the near future.
Moore's revelation comes as a further boost to the Irish Rugby Football Union after Munster's Ireland and British Lions scrum-half Conor Murray rejected overseas advances to sign a two-year contract extension this week.
Back-rowers Jamie Heaslip and Sean O'Brien remain the most likely out-of-contract Ireland stars to move abroad next season.
But IRFU bosses will hope two big boosts in the space of a week in Moore and Murray can help them persuade more senior players to commit their rugby futures to Ireland.
Moore said: "I'm enjoying my rugby here, this is where I grew up and this is where I want to play my rugby.
"So hopefully in the near future we'll have something done and I can just focus on my rugby and that won't be an issue.
"At this stage, offers-wise isn't something that comes into it. Right now it's all about the rugby, and this is where it is."
Leinster hammered Northampton in Heineken Cup Pool One action at Franklin's Gardens last weekend, but Moore admitted the Dubliners are wary of a backlash in the return fixture on Saturday.
He said: "We're all very aware of the fact they will bring a big backlash against us. Their fans gave them a tough time so we know the job in hand.
"We've got to make sure we don't fall victim to that and do the same thing we did last week. If we come out of that first half, we can deal with their threats up front and that go-forward they thrive off, then we'll have a chance.
"We almost played them at their game with that go-forward last week and maybe that can work again."