Greg Burke signs new three-year contract with Wigan Warriors
Last Updated: April 30, 2013 5:02pm
Greg Burke: Youngster signs new deal with Wigan Warriors
Wigan prop forward Greg Burke has signed a new three-year contract with the club.
The 20-year-old's current deal was due to expire at the end of the season with an option for 2014 and his new contract will tie him to the Warriors until 2016 with a further option for 2017.
Burke was promoted to Wigan's first-team squad in 2011 and made his debut off the bench against Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium in February.
He has since gone on to make 11 appearances so far in 2013, including three starts.
Wigan head coach Shaun Wane said: "We are delighted Greg has committed his long-term future to the club.
"He has really flourished this season and with injuries has probably had more game time so far than he or I probably expected.
"He has really flourished this season and with injuries has probably had more game time so far than he or I probably expected."
Wane on Burke
"He has done a great job and is another young player who has learned our system coming through the Academy and Reserve Grades and has also gained valuable experience in the past under the Dual Registration agreement with partnership club South Wales Scorpions.
"He has a good attitude and is keen to learn."
Burke said: "As a local lad I am proud to play for Wigan and I am thrilled to have signed a deal for the next three seasons with the club.
"I have really enjoyed my opportunities in the first team so far and am looking forward to continue to work hard and try to earn my place as a regular within the squad."