Challenge Cup: Second-half fightback lifts Sheffield over Dewsbury
Last Updated: 20/04/13 5:24pm
Sheffield Eagles produced a superb second-half display to clinch a 30-16 victory over Dewsbury in the fourth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup at the Don Valley Stadium.
The Rams were on course to pull off a surprise victory when Matthew Tebb scored a fifth-minute try while former Wakefield winger Dale Morton went over for two in a five-minute spell to put the visitors in command.
That left the Eagles with a mountain to climb as they trailed by 16 points at half time.
But the 1998 Cup winners fought back after the break and clinched their place in Monday's draw thanks to tries from Quentin Laulu-Togagae, Matt Garside, Mitch Stringer, Pat Walker and Misi Taulapapa.
Former Dewsbury half-back Dominic Brambani kicked all five conversions against his old club.
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford helped himself to a hat-trick of tries in Salford's 82-6 mauling of Gloucestershire All Golds in Cheltenham.
- Cummins praises newcomers
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Ruthless Wolves rout Cougars
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Airlie Birds soar into last 16
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Hull KR v St Helens: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Rhinos v Tigers: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash