Tetley's Challenge Cup: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers preview
Last Updated: 19/04/13 7:49pm
Castleford welcome back Justin Carney on Friday night as they look to topple Yorkshire rivals Leeds in the fourth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Winger Carney has served a two-match suspension and looks set to return to the Tigers' team for the clash at Headingley.
Caretaker coach Danny Orr could also have Lee Gilmour available while James Clare is included in a 19-man squad after a try-scoring display in the 28=26 triumph over Widnes last time out.
"We came through the Widnes game OK; we're actually a touch healthier in terms of numbers this week as we also welcome back Justin Carney from suspension.
"Some of our young players were given an opportunity against Widnes and they performed really well so they will be given another chance to impress against Leeds Rhinos."
The victory over the Vikings gave Castleford just their second success over the season so far - the other came against the Rhinos back in February.
Leeds, meanwhile, have Brett Delaney available again after the Australian second rower was sidelined for their last two matches.
Teenager Liam Sutcliffe retains his place in the party but forward Ryan Bailey is still suspended and winger Joe Vickery is ruled out through injury.
Leeds: Hardaker, Watkins, Moon, Hall, McGuire, Burrow, Leuluai, McShane, Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Ablett, Sinfield, Ward, Delaney, Kirke, Clarkson, Achurch, Singleton, Sutcliffe
Castleford: Owen, Carney, Shenton, Chase, Ellis, Walker, Clark, Huby, Gilmour, Hauraki, Milner, Massey, Holmes, Thompson, Tansey, Clare, Martin, Mason, Boyle
Ladbrokes Challenge Cup
Sun 22nd Mar - Fourth Round
Barrow16 - 56Halifax RLFC
Crusaders40 - 12Doncaster RLFC
Bradford Bulls74 - 6Workington
Dewsbury Rams28 - 18Newcastle Thunder
Gloucestershire All Golds10 - 28Hunslet
Sheffield Eagles44 - 20Oldham
Swinton30 - 12Rochdale Hornets
Sat 18th Apr - Fifth Round
Leigh Miners0 - 0York
Leigh Centurions0 - 0Salford Red Devils
Sun 19th Apr - Fifth Round
Crusaders0 - 0Featherstone Rovers
Batley Bulldogs0 - 0Swinton
Bradford Bulls0 - 0Hull K R
Hunslet0 - 0Dewsbury Rams
Sheffield Eagles0 - 0Hull FC
Wakefield Wildcats0 - 0Halifax RLFC
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford helped himself to a hat-trick of tries in Salford's 82-6 mauling of Gloucestershire All Golds in Cheltenham.
- Cummins praises newcomers
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Ruthless Wolves rout Cougars
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Airlie Birds soar into last 16
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Eagles fight back to beat Rams
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Hull KR v St Helens: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash