Tetley's Challenge Cup match preview: Hull KR v St Helens
Last Updated: 20/04/13 2:25pm
Hull KR welcome St Helens to New Craven Park on Saturday for an all-Super League Challenge Cup showdown with a place in the fifth round up for grabs.
Rovers are boosted by the return of stand-off Travis Burns who is able to take his place in coach Craig Sandercock's 19-man squad following a three-week absence.
Greg Eden retains his place in the match-day squad after running in two tries for the Robins despite losing 50-30 to Huddersfield Giants in the Super League last weekend.
Meanwhile Saints coach Nathan Brown makes two changes to his squad as they travel across the Pennines; experienced duo Ade Gardener and Tony Puletua are welcome returnees.
Saturday's fixture sees the two sides meet for a fourth time in eight seasons in the Challenge Cup.
Hull have not beaten Saints in Challenge Cup rugby since 1985 when they triumphed 8-3 in a first-round clash. However, the hosts were victorious when the sides met earlier this month in Super League, the Robins securing a 22-14 win.
"We have learnt a fair bit about ourselves over the last two games. Last time we faced Hull KR it was a close contest," Brown said.
"We got penalised and spent a lot of time on try line so we know we can do well and improve."
Hull KR:Beaumont, Burns, Carlile, Caro, Cox, Dobson, Eden, Green, Griffin, Hall, Hodgson, Hodgson, Lovegrove, Mika, Paea, Paterson, Salter, Walker, Welham
St. Helens:Ashe, Clough, Forster, Gardner, Greenwood, Hohaia, Howarth, Jones, Laffranchi, Makinson, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Meli, Percival, Puletua, Soliola, Turner, Walmsley, Wellens, Wilkin
Ladbrokes Challenge Cup
Sat 18th Apr - Fifth Round
Leigh Miners0 - 0York
Leigh Centurions0 - 0Salford Red Devils
Sun 19th Apr - Fifth Round
Crusaders0 - 0Featherstone Rovers
Batley Bulldogs0 - 0Swinton
Bradford Bulls0 - 0Hull K R
Hunslet0 - 0Dewsbury Rams
Sheffield Eagles0 - 0Hull FC
Wakefield Wildcats0 - 0Halifax RLFC
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford helped himself to a hat-trick of tries in Salford's 82-6 mauling of Gloucestershire All Golds in Cheltenham.
- Cummins praises newcomers
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Ruthless Wolves rout Cougars
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Airlie Birds soar into last 16
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Eagles fight back to beat Rams
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Rhinos v Tigers: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash