Challenge Cup: Salford City Reds score 15 tries to beat Gloucestershire All Golds
Last Updated: 21/04/13 6:33pm
Salford went at more than a point-a-minute rate as they thrashed Gloucestershire All Golds 82-6 in the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford grabbed a hat-trick of tries while Ashley Gibson and Will Hope both crossed twice to see the City Reds safely past the Championship One newcomers in the fourth round tie in Cheltenham.
Marc Sneyd managed the first of the Super League side's 15 tries and also slotted over 11 conversions, giving him an impressive personal haul of 26 points.
The All Golds at least grabbed managed a score of their own having gone unrewarded during a lively opening quarter that finished with the score at 6-0 in Salford's favour.
However, Gloucestershire's good work went unrewarded before Gibson and Jordan Walne hit them with a quick-fire double, the latter's effort coming straight after the hosts had put the kick-off out on the full.
The Reds then picked up the pace again and scored three times in the last five minutes of the half, Gibson completing his double before Jordan James and Niall Evalds also touched down.
They wasted little time in adding to their tally in the second half when Ford opened his account, though the All Golds responded with Jordan Rice powering his way over for a try that Matt Bradley converted.
Still, the respite was brief; Ford and Adam Walne added further Salford tries and then Jodie Broughton capped a fine bout of passing down the right to go in out wide.
Jacob Emmitt and Vic Mauro also added their names to a now lengthy scoresheet and after Ford completed his treble, George Tyson rounded out the scoring in the final minute.
Ladbrokes Challenge Cup
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Bradford debutants Sam Wood and Ben Evans were praised by Francis Cummins after win over Rochdale.
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Ruthless Wolves rout Cougars
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Airlie Birds soar into last 16
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Eagles fight back to beat Rams
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Hull KR v St Helens: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Rhinos v Tigers: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash