Challenge Cup: Warrington Wolves run riot at Cougar Park
Last Updated: 21/04/13 5:09pm
Ryan Atkins: Four tries for ruthless Wolves
Ryan Atkins bagged four tries as holders Warrington cruised past Keighley with a 74-4 Challenge Cup fourth round win at Cougar Park.
The Super League side were dominant from the first whistle as Chris Riley and Rhys Williams also touched down a brace apiece, while Brett Hodgson kicked 11 goals before rounding off the try scoring.
The Cougars survived the first nine minutes before Riley opened the scoring when he broke the line and raced 70 metres, with Hodgson adding the extras.
Atkins took three defenders over the line with him from dummy half four minutes later and Trent Waterhouse powered over just to the left of the posts on 17 to give Hodgson a third simple kick.
Keighley stemmed the tide briefly before Atkins (28) went in for his second after a slick passing move and Richie Myler and Joel Monaghan combined to get Williams in just before the interval.
Williams was in again just two minutes after the restart with Waterhouse providing the break as the Wolves turned the screw in the second half.
Warerhouse was involved again to get Atkins away for a 30-metre hat-trick try and, after Myler (46) grabbed his second of the game, Atkins picked up a grubber and streaked 80 metres to the line for his fourth.
Riley and Gareth O'Brien both crossed in the following four minutes before Paul White scooped up a loose ball and waltzed through a static Wolves defence to get the Cougars on the board on 56.
The Cougars could not add the extras and they were breached again when Glenn Riley (59) bulldozed over from close range for a try on his debut.
Hodgson completed the scoring when he gave good support to Myler and Ben Currie in another slick Wolves move before they took their foot off the gas for the final 14 minutes.
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford helped himself to a hat-trick of tries in Salford's 82-6 mauling of Gloucestershire All Golds in Cheltenham.
- Cummins praises newcomers
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Airlie Birds soar into last 16
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Eagles fight back to beat Rams
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Hull KR v St Helens: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Rhinos v Tigers: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash