Challenge Cup: Rampant Hull crush North Wales Crusaders
Last Updated: 21/04/13 4:15pm
Kirk Yeaman: hat-trick of tries for Hull
Hull cruised to a 62-6 victory over Crusaders at the KC Stadium in the Tetley's Challenge Cup fourth round, with full-back Jamie Shaul and centre Kirk Yeaman both scoring hat-tricks.
The Airlie Birds dominated the Championship One side, amassing 36 unanswered second-half points as Richard Horne weighed in with a brace of tries and Joe Westerman, Ben Crooks, Tom Lineham and James Cunningham also crossed for scores.
Crusaders' only try came courtesy of Christiaan Roets, converted by Tommy Johnson, but they had started the game impressively.
After surviving a couple of early scares that had the 200 or so travelling supporters on their feet, Hull opened the scoring on 13 minutes through Horne before Westerman powered over four minutes later.
Crooks soon made it 16-0 for the home side when he touched down Horne's neat grubber as Hull began to move clear.
But Roets then scored an impressive try for the Welsh side after he gathered Andy Moulsdale's kick to the corner, before Yeaman scored Hull's fourth in the 35th minute after a good piece of play from Westerman.
The centre snatched another score as the half-time siren approached before Hull unleashed their full power after the break, running in six unanswered tries.
Lineham powered over in the corner in the 53rd minute before Cunningham then crashed over from close range.
With a quarter of an hour remaining another neat pass from Heremaia sent Yeaman through the Crusaders defensive line, and the centre showed great awareness to pass back inside for Shaul to touch down.
Horne then scored a try in between two long-range Shaul efforts that completed his hat-trick, before Yeaman did the same in the last minute.
Ladbrokes Challenge Cup
Sat 18th Apr - Fifth Round
Leigh Miners0 - 0York
Leigh Centurions0 - 0Salford Red Devils
Sun 19th Apr - Fifth Round
Crusaders0 - 0Featherstone Rovers
Batley Bulldogs0 - 0Swinton
Bradford Bulls0 - 0Hull K R
Hunslet0 - 0Dewsbury Rams
Sheffield Eagles0 - 0Hull FC
Wakefield Wildcats0 - 0Halifax RLFC
2013 Challenge Cup fourth round
Allan Hunte praised his four Salford debutants for their part in the 82-6 Challenge Cup win over Gloucestershire.
Halifax, Workington and York have all booked their places in the fifth round of the Tetley's Challenge Cup.
Jon Ford helped himself to a hat-trick of tries in Salford's 82-6 mauling of Gloucestershire All Golds in Cheltenham.
- Cummins praises newcomers
- Smith: No rest for Warrington
- Rampaging Bulls rout Rochdale
- Anderson credits Bulldogs
- Giants battle past Bulldogs
- Ruthless Wolves rout Cougars
- Frayssinous singles out Bosc
- Dragons too hot for Hunslet
- Hemel defence impresses Agar
- Wildcats tear Stags to shreds
- Rea praises Broncos attitude
- Broncos book fifth round place
- Eagles fight back to beat Rams
- Robins knock out 12-man Saints
- Doncaster give Widnes a fright
- Warriors waltz by Centurions
- Rhinos rally past Tigers
- Keighley v Warrington: Teams
- Hull v Crusaders: Teams
- Rochdale v Bradford: Teams
- Hemel Stags v Wakefield: Teams
- Hull KR v St Helens: Teams
- Sandercock recalls cup magic
- Widnes v Doncaster: Teams
- Rhinos v Tigers: Teams
- Leeds up for Castleford clash