Sebastien Buemi will continue as Red Bull's test and reserve driver for the 2013 season

Swiss had been linked to a race return

By Mike Wise.   Last Updated: 22/01/13 3:09pm

  • Share:
Sebastien Buemi: Staying on as Red Bull's reserve driver

Sebastien Buemi: Staying on as Red Bull's reserve driver

Red Bull have confirmed that Sebastien Buemi will continue as their test and reserve driver for the 2013 season.

The news that the 24-year-old Swiss is to stay put effectively removes him from contention for a Formula 1 race seat. Buemi had been mentioned in connection with the vacancies at Force India and Caterham along with the Marussia seat vacated on Monday by Timo Glock.

Testing on Sky Sports F1

From dawn to dusk, Sky Sports Online will be providing live interactive commentary from trackside at both Jerez and Barcelona on every day of testing this winter, while Sky Sports News will be providing regular live updates from the tests, starting with Jerez on February 5-8.

The former Toro Rosso driver said: "I know everyone at Red Bull Racing well and it's good to remain with the team for another year. Of course my aim is to be driving at the races again, but I am still learning all the time from my work with the team. I help with the development of the car and provide feedback throughout the season, both at the factory and at races."

Team Principal Christian Horner added: "We're pleased that Sebastien has continued as test and reserve driver for the coming season. He joined the Red Bull Junior Team in 2004, has worked with Red Bull Racing in 2008 and 2012 and has significant race experience. He is an integral member of the team and will complete important simulation work for us throughout the year."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Force India retain Hulkenberg

Force India have confirmed Nico Hulkenberg will remain with the team in 2015 after a successful return this year.

Kimi could continue into 2016

Birthday boy Kimi Raikkonen has opened the door to staying at Ferrari and prolonging his Formula 1 career into 2016.

Luca Di Montezemolo: Believes Fernando Alonso needs fresh start

Di Montezemolo: Alonso leaving

Former president Luca di Montezemolo believes Fernando Alonso will leave Ferrari because he wants to revive title hopes.

Most Popular

Features

Carra: Drop Mario for Madrid

Carra: Drop Mario for Madrid

Jamie Carragher says Liverpool must leave out Mario Balotelli to get a result against Real Madrid.

Nev: United not hitting heights

Nev: United not hitting heights

Gary Neville says Manchester United must not be afraid to “lump it forward” against Chelsea.

Should Suarez start El Clasico?

Should Suarez start El Clasico?

Will Luis Suarez be thrown in against Real Madrid? Our experts debate the case for and against.