Paul Di Resta still does not know who will be his team-mate at Force India

Scottish driver still in the dark over who the team will pick

By William Esler.   Last Updated: 14/01/13 9:36am

  • Share:
Paul Di Resta: Still does not know who his team-mate will be at Force India

Paul Di Resta: Still does not know who his team-mate will be at Force India

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Paul Di Resta admits he is surprised that he still does not know who will partner him at Force India this season following Nico Hulkenberg's departure to Sauber.

Test driver Jules Bianchi and the team's former driver Adrian Sutil have been strongly linked with the seat alongside the Scot, but with the days counting down to the launch of their 2013 car on February 1, there has still been no announcement from the Silverstone-based squad.

"I am surprised there has been nothing yet," Di Resta said.

"The team have said they will announce it in good time as to where they are going to be, and I have to respect that."

When asked whether it had an impact on him not knowing who he will be working alongside, the 26-year-old added: "Ultimately it does.

"But at the end of the day I know my job, and I am fully focused on what I need to achieve at the moment.

F1 on Sky Sports in 2013

Sky Sports F1 is the only place to watch every grand prix live in 2013.

Our dedicated F1 channel will broadcast every race, qualifying and practice session live, along with highlights shows, analysis and even more coverage via the Red Button.

Find out more at Sky.com

"Whether that is managing my time, booking flights, working with the engineers, or whatever.

"I know who my team are, who my mechanics are. There are some new faces in that, which means we will be stronger again.

"But I'm feeling quite good about it, very positive. I've been at the factory and the vibe is very high."

After a disappointing end to the 2012 season, the Scottish driver says he cannot wait to get back in the car, having scored just two points in the final six races.

"For whatever reason nothing went the right way at the end of last season," said Di Resta.

"Essentially you always remember the end of a year more than the beginning, and with my crash as well.

"There were some good drives, some good pace, but it just never worked out.

"I've been through times like that where you just need to dig deep, and eventually you get out of it. Hopefully this year will be the year.

"Obviously, when something bad happens you just want to get back in the car the next week and go again, but there has been this lull.

"All I can say is I'm looking forward to getting in the car on the first of February, and then testing again a few days later."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Raikkonen coy on future plans

Kimi Raikkonen has cast fresh doubt on his future by refusing to clarify when he believes his stint at Ferrari will end.

Caterham confirm staff exits

Caterham have confirmed their new-look post-takeover management structure and the departure of a "number of employees".

Jules Bianchi with Nico Rosberg

Who's signed up until when?

A look at which teams already have their drivers signed up - and who might have vacancies - heading towards 2015.

Most Popular

Features

Is Tyson still furious?

Is Tyson still furious?

Tyson Fury has at least got a fight on Saturday, but will he be fully focused? Johnny Nelson hopes so...

On Ringside...

On Ringside...

Jamie Moore, Paul Smith, Jim Watt and the team are on to discuss the season so far - and what lies ahead.

World Matchplay - R2

World Matchplay - R2

Take a look at our favourite images from the second round of the World Matchplay in Blackpool.