Bellamy quiet on future
Liverpool forward tipped to return to Cardiff this summer
Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:10am
Craig Bellamy: Liverpool forward is saying nothing regarding reports he could rejoin Cardiff
Craig Bellamy says he is taking his future 'day by day' amid reports the Liverpool forward is set to rejoin hometown club Cardiff City.
Sky Sports revealed earlier this week that Cardiff are in pole position to sign the 33-year-old after Liverpool reluctantly agreed to let Bellamy move on.
Bellamy is understood to want to return to South Wales for personal reasons and Liverpool are willing to let the versatile attacker head back to Cardiff for free.
Cardiff are reportedly trying to finalise the deal before next week's opening game of the season against Huddersfield Town, but Bellamy is keeping quiet regarding his future.
"Look, you know me better than to expect me to talk publicly about that," said Bellamy in the South Wales Echo. "I've no immediate plans at the moment. What will be, will be.
"I don't think too far into the future. At this stage of my career I just have to take things day by day."
Bellamy spent the 2010/11 season on loan at Cardiff and he scored 11 goals in the Championship before returning for a second spell at Liverpool last summer.
He netted nine times in all competitions for Liverpool, but new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is prepared to let the Wales international join the list of departures from Anfield.