Kucka set for Genoa stay
Genoa now own 100 per cent of Slovakia international
By Vasek Kadlec. Last Updated: June 28, 2012 10:37am
Juraj Kucka: Set to stay at Genoa, who now own 100 per cent of the player
Slovakia international Juraj Kucka is set to stay with Serie A side Genoa for the new season.
The 25-year-old joined Genoa in January 2011 from Sparta Prague and then Inter Milan bought the midfielder in a co-ownership deal that August as they swapped him with Emiliano Viviano.
He had been expected to join Inter for the coming season but Kucka's agent Karel Csonto says he will stay at his present club, where he has three years on his contract, as they now own 100 per cent of the player.
Csonto told TASR: "After buying a 50 per cent share (of Kucka's transfer fee/rights) Juraj became a player of Inter Milan and was loaned to Genoa.
"In winter Genoa asked 5million euros for the 50 per cent but the clubs failed to reach an agreement. Up came other alternatives.
"The first was that Inter would buy the remaining 50 per cent of shares and thus would own 100 per cent of the player's rights. But as Genoa did not have a good season and Juraj was troubled by injuries we did not expect that to happen."
The second option was that both sides would agree on each holding a 50 per cent share with Kucka having to be loaned out at Genoa or some other club in the upcoming season.
"We did not want this because we wanted to have Juraj's future resolved. That is why I asked the Genoa owner, Mr Preziosi, to try to resolve the situation.
"By 22nd June both clubs had to reach an agreement because, if they would not, then a secret poll would follow in which both clubs would, according to the rules, give offers on buying the remaining 50 per cent of shares of the player.
"This did not happen as Genoa paid Inter 7million euros and own the 100 per cent."
While Kucka will stay at Genoa for now, the club would consider offers in the region of 14million euros for the midfielder.
"At the moment he wants to concentrate fully on the new season. The coach counts on him for sure but there is an agreement that if there is an interesting offer, then we will consider it with the player. According to Mr Preziosi it should be an offer in the region of 14million euros," Csonto said.