Bob team delay Guineas decision

French Guineas other viable option

Last Updated: 01/05/12 5:44pm

  • Share:
Boomerang Bob: Runs in English or French Guineas with the ground the key factor

Boomerang Bob: Runs in English or French Guineas with the ground the key factor

Sky Bet

John Hills will decide on Thursday whether Boomerang Bob runs in Saturday's QIPCO 2000 Guineas with the state of the ground the key factor.

The three-year-old enjoyed a good first season, finishing runner-up to Bapak Chinta in the Norfolk Stakes and filling the same position in a French Group Three at Chantilly.

A setback meant he could not race again until his fine reappearance run in the Greenham, when second to Caspar Netscher.

Hills will, however, wait to see if the ground at Newmarket is testing as he also has the option of the French Guineas a week later.

He said: "He's in very good form and I'm very happy with him. Last time was his first ever run over further than five furlongs and he hadn't run since last July so we were delighted with him.

"He did very well and he'll definitely benefit from the run. It looks a very open race if you take the favourite (Camelot) out, but as he's also in the French Guineas as well I'll wait until Thursday to see what the weather does. He's completed his prep and I'm very happy."

  • Share: