Bollinger eyes Australia recall
Left-armer hopes to force his way back into contention
Last Updated: 15/12/11 8:08am
Doug Bollinger: Hoping for a recall
Doug Bollinger hopes Australia's struggles with the ball will help him reclaim a place back in the Test team to face India.
The left-armer has not played a Test for more than 12 months, with rookies Pat Cummins, James Pattinson and Mitchell Starc all playing in the recent series against New Zealand.
But with injury and inconsistent form putting clouds over several candidates, Bollinger is hoping to remind national selectors he is still around as he makes his way back from a hamstring tear.
Ready to go
He will use Sydney Thunder's opening Big Bash match against Shane Warne's Melbourne Stars on Saturday night as the springboard before taking the red ball for the second of the Chairman's XI matches against India in Canberra next week.
"I'm getting back to where I want to be. I feel fit and ready to go," Bollinger said.
"Test cricket hasn't left my mind and I'm ready to go if they want me.
"I still think I've got heaps to give.
"I will do anything I can to get back in the team. I'd love to be there for the Boxing Day Test.
"It'd be good to get some India wickets under my belt."
Bollinger hasn't played a Test for Australia since early December 2010, banished amid reported concerns over his fitness and durability.
The 30-year-old admits he may have been slight 'under-done' but has worked hard with noted Sydney fitness guru Kevin Chevell to improve his endurance.
"I feel really good and before I got injured (last month) I felt like I was bowling well," Bollinger said.
"I can't change people's perceptions (over his fitness) but there are no worries in my mind.
"They (the national selectors) know what I can do and I know I've been bowling well.
"I don't feel like they have forgotten me. I'll be ready to go whenever they need me."