Sky Sports News Wire
‘McLaren are playing catch-up’
McLaren may not be competitive until the British GP, Sky Sports F1’s Martin Brundle has warned.
Problems & optimism at McLaren
McLaren have warned their new car may only prove competitive from the European leg of the 2015 season onwards.
'Magnussen will return'
McLaren chiefs Eric Boullier and Ron Dennis are adamant that Kevin Magnussen's Formula 1 career has only been “paused” and the young Dane will ultimately return to the grid.
McLaren pair Button and Alonso
McLaren have retained Jenson Button for 2015 with the veteran staying on to partner the returning Fernando Alonso in an all-world champion line-up.
'Making sure decision is right'
Eric Boullier maintains there are no problems at McLaren delaying a decision on their 2015 line-up and that the team are simply taking time to ensure they appoint the right drivers.
McLaren pair show solidarity
Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen may be in direct competition for a 2015 race seat at McLaren but the pair have displayed a show of solidarity amid the continued uncertainty over their F1 futures.
McLaren drivers made to wait
Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen’s McLaren futures remain undecided after a board meeting failed to resolve the long-running saga of the team’s 2015 driver line-up.
Exclusive Ron Dennis Q&A
Martin Brundle presses his former boss Ron Dennis for information on McLaren’s 2015 line-up.
McLaren delay line-up decision
McLaren will not confirm the identity of their 2015 driver line-up until after the current season.
McLaren Honda to run on Friday
McLaren have confirmed that they will debut Honda's new engine during a filming day at Silverstone on Friday.
Decision time on Button or K-Mag
McLaren are finally expected to decide upon their 2015 driver line-up this week as both Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen wait to learn whether or not they will partner Fernando Alonso next season.
Boullier apologises for delay
Eric Boullier has apologised to McLaren’s fans for the length of time it has taken to appoint their 2015 drivers.
Boullier defends McLaren delay
Eric Boullier has defended McLaren’s delay in deciding on their driver line-up for 2015, insisting they have to make the right call for the long-term success of the team.
Honda: No driver decision made
Honda’s Head of Motorsport Yasuhisa Arai has told Sky Sports News HQ that no decision has been made on who will drive for McLaren in 2015.
McLaren 'more or less' decided
Eric Boullier has revealed McLaren have “more or less” decided on their 2015 driver line-up, but dismissed speculation of an announcement coming at the Japanese GP.
Magnussen plays down burns
Kevin Magnussen has played down the back burns he suffered when the seat in his McLaren overheated during the Singapore Grand Prix.
'McLaren upgrades didn't work'
Kevin Magnussen has revealed McLaren had been forced to row back on some of the upgrades that they have brought to the Singapore GP after the team delivered a “frustrating” qualifying performance.
'No three-car teams next year'
If it was Adam Parr’s intention to provoke when he stated that three-car teams will definitely be on the F1 grid in 2015 then Eric Boullier for one isn’t rising to the bait.
Abu Dhabi debut for Honda?
Eric Boullier has said that McLaren could run a Honda-powered car at the post-Abu Dhabi GP test in November.
'McLaren progress is real'
McLaren’s best two-car dry-weather qualifying result since 2012 at the Italian GP reflects the concrete progress the former race winners are making, according to team boss Eric Boullier.