Sky Sports News Wire
Honda: No driver decision made
Honda’s Head of Motorsport Yasuhisa Arai has told Sky Sports News HQ that no decision has been made on who will drive for McLaren in 2015.
'Happy' Button expects to stay
Jenson Button says he is happy that he will continue to be at McLaren next season.
McLaren 'more or less' decided
Eric Boullier has revealed McLaren have “more or less” decided on their 2015 driver line-up, but dismissed speculation of an announcement coming at the Japanese GP.
Button: Sixth was on the cards
A dejected Jenson Button says he was on course for a sixth-place finish in Singapore before his car cut out eight laps from the end.
Button: More varied starts now
Jenson Button believes Formula 1 fans can expect to see a bigger difference between drivers’ getaways from the grid at the start of races as a result of the crackdown on team radio advice.
'Lewis one of the fastest ever'
Jenson Button has lauded Lewis Hamilton as "one of the quickest drivers ever to jump into a Formula 1 car" and praised his former team-mate's resilience and maturity during an often turbulent and controversial 2014 campaign.
'No three-car teams next year'
If it was Adam Parr’s intention to provoke when he stated that three-car teams will definitely be on the F1 grid in 2015 then Eric Boullier for one isn’t rising to the bait.
Abu Dhabi debut for Honda?
Eric Boullier has said that McLaren could run a Honda-powered car at the post-Abu Dhabi GP test in November.
Button enjoyed Perez battle
Jenson Button says he really enjoyed his race-long battle with Sergio Perez at the Italian GP, even though he ultimately finished behind the Mexican.
'McLaren progress is real'
McLaren’s best two-car dry-weather qualifying result since 2012 at the Italian GP reflects the concrete progress the former race winners are making, according to team boss Eric Boullier.
The wait goes on for Button
Jenson Button has been warned he faces a lengthy wait to learn if he will be retained for a sixth season with McLaren.
McLaren focus of driver market
F1’s McLaren-centred driver market proved the focus of attention away from the Hamilton/Rosberg saga on Thursday at Monza with Sebastian Vettel not denying that he had been approached by the Woking team while one of the two men in situ, Jenson Button, declared he was “massively relaxed” over 2015.
'Stars have to be available'
Ron Dennis has made clear that McLaren are “keeping an eye” on the contract movements of a “few other drivers” currently racing for rival teams as the Woking outfit continue to mull whether they stick or twist with their current line-up for 2015 and beyond.
McLaren: Drivers have to wait
Eric Boullier has stressed that McLaren’s ongoing long-term planning over their driver line-up has to take priority even if their current pairing of Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen understandably feel “uncomfortable” over their 2015 plans.
Whitmarsh leaves McLaren
McLaren have confirmed that former Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh has finally left the company.
Button: Nico was unbelievable
Jenson Button has described Nico Rosberg’s botched – and highly controversial – attempt to overtake Lewis Hamilton on the second lap of the Belgian GP as "unbelievable".
Button: We threw it away
An unhappy Jenson Button believes McLaren "threw away" their chance of a stronger result by misreading the weather in a topsy-turvy Hungarian GP.
Button caught off-balance
Jenson Button struggled with the balance of his McLaren during Friday practice for the Hungarian GP but thinks the problem can be solved in time for qualifying.
Button withdraws Lewis rebuke
Jenson Button has withdrawn his criticism of Lewis Hamilton’s driving during the German GP, admitting he “overreacted” in condemning his former team-mate.
Button: Germany suits us more
After a strong showing at the British GP, Jenson Button is confident McLaren can pick up where they left off in Germany on a track he believes suits their car even better than Silverstone did.