World Cup hero African Story unlikely to run in Europe this year
Last Updated: 02/09/14 1:04pm
African Story: Likely to be seen next at the Carnival in the spring
Saeed bin Suroor has revealed Dubai World Cup hero African Story is unlikely to return to action until next year's Carnival at Meydan.
The seven-year-old has not been seen since beating Mukhadram in the world's richest race at the end of March, but has been in training in Newmarket during the summer.
African Story holds entries in the Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown on September 13 and Ascot's Qipco Champion Stakes on October 18, but appears unlikely to take up either engagement.
"He is in full training, he's working well and he is in good condition," said bin Suroor.
"He didn't run in England last year either. We want to take him back to Dubai and I think that is what we will do."
Another Bin Suroor inmate with entries at Leopardstown and Ascot is True Story and he is likely to be seen on the racecourse before he also heads to Dubai for the winter.
The three-year-old has perhaps failed to live up to expectations since his brilliant win in the Feilden Stakes at Newmarket in April, but has run well in defeat on a few occasions, most recently pushing multiple Group One winner Al Kazeem close in the Winter Hill Stakes at Windsor.
Bin Suroor said: "He's doing well and ran a huge race at Windsor. I think a flat race track on good to firm ground - he loves it.
"He is sound and happy and we'll see where he goes now. I think he might have one more run before he goes back to Dubai and we will look at all the options."