Wetherby and Fontwell meetings go ahead as scheduled
Last Updated: 26/12/12 1:26pm
Fontwell: Boxing Day fixture handed the all clear
Today's jumps meetings at Wetherby and Fontwell have both been given the go-ahead.
The going at Wetherby is heavy, soft in places, but clerk of the course Jonjo Sanderson decided to cancel a planned morning inspection after only 2mm of rain fell in the last 24 hours.
The six-race card at the West Yorkshire track gets under way at 12.35pm.
Thursday's meeting at Wetherby will, however, be subject to an 8.30am precautionary inspection in the morning as more rain is forecast overnight.
Sanderson said: "The forecast tonight is varying in terms of quantities of rain. The ground will also have opened up as we are racing on it today.
"Hopefully if we have the minimum rain that has been forecast there will be no problems."
Fontwell survived an 8am inspection on Boxing Day after the Sussex course was hit by unexpected heavy rain late on Monday.
Six millimetres of rain on Tuesday morning did not help the situation, but it has been dry since then and clerk of the course Ed Arkell was happy with conditions when he checked.
The going is heavy, with racing due to start at 12.20pm.
No problems are reported at Kempton ahead of their big King George VI Chase fixture.
It was dry overnight at the Sunbury venue and a bright, sunny day is forecast, although the ground remains heavy.
There will now only be a maximum field of nine for the King George after For Non Stop was declared a non-runner due to the ground.