Frankie Dettori's legal representatives will release a statement on Wednesday in regards to his France Galop inquiry this morning
Frankie Dettori's legal team will release a statement on Wednesday in regards to his France Galop inquiry.
Last Updated: 05/12/12 11:13am
Lawyers for the jockey said their case had been received 'sympathetically' during a hearing at the Paris HQ of France Galop.
The French governing body heard how the Italian had tested positive for a banned substance at Longchamp on 16 September this year.
The length of the 41-year-old's ban depends on the substance used. This has never been revealed but Dettori's lawyer, Christopher Stewart-Moore, insists it was not performance-enhancing.
On leaving the office Stewart-Moore said: "We had a very sympathetic hearing but they won't make a decision until tomorrow.
"We will not be making a statement until Wednesday out of respect to France Galop's procedures.
"This is a strict liability case. Once the substance is found in your system you can't say much about it."
In a reference to the unlikely chances of lodging an appeal Stewart-Moore added: "We won't be coming back".
Should he receive a six-month sentence, the ban handed out to Kieren Fallon for a similar offence, Dettori, who has been tested six times in England this season, will miss the Guineas in early May and the Derby at the start of June.
However, his lawyers are hopeful any sentence will run from the last time he rode in public - November 6 - and not from the end of his hearing.