Ian Poulter - Profile
Ian Poulter: Solid record in the majors
The Ryder Cup hero has three top threes in the majors, including a third in the 2012 US PGA.
* 12 European Tour wins. First at 2000 Italian Open.
* 2 World Golf Championship wins: 2010 Accenture Match Play Championship, 2012, HSBC Champions. One of just two Europeans to have won multiple WGC events.
* Career-high world ranking of No.5 in 2010. Has spent over 30 weeks in the top 10.
* Has played in four Ryder Cups (2004, 2008, 2010, 2006 and 2012). On winning side three times and has won all four singles matches. Leading points scorer at Valhalla in 2008 (4 out of 5) and Medinah 2012 (4 out of 4). Made five successive closing birdies to win Saturday afternoon fourballs at Medinah to change momentum of match.
* Launched his own clothing range in 2007, IJP Design.
* Has 1.64 million followers on Twitter. Only Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy have more among fellow golfers.
* Two top 10s in the US PGA: 9th in 2006 and 3rd at Kiawah Island in 2012.
- Nationality: England
- Date Of Birth: 10/01/1976
- Birth Place: Hitchin, England
- Height: 6ft 1
|2014||Deutsche Bank Championship||T4||67||67||-5|
|2014||US PGA Championship||T59||68+73+71+72||284||0|
|2014||World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational||T52||73+73+70+71||287||7|
|2014||The Open Championship||-||73+74||147||3|
|The Open Championship||-||T3||T9||-||T60||-||2|
|US PGA Championship||T59||T61||T3||T39||-||T19||T31|
Ian Poulter News
Ian Poulter believes he is starting to find his form after opening with a round of 68 at the US PGA Championship.
Ian Poulter has been cleared to play at the Open Championship after scans revealed no serious damage to his wrist.
The best of the action and reaction from Phil Mickelson's thrilling triumph at Muirfield.
The FedEx Cup moves on to the second play-off event on Friday at the Deutsche Bank Championship.
A preview, tee-times and tips for this week's European Tour event - the Italian Open in Turin.
As the race for Ryder Cup places reaches its climax, we assess the European players vying for a wildcard.