Lee Westwood - Profile
Lee Westwood: Tied 15th at Valhalla in 2000
Still carries the unwanted tag of one of the best players yet to have never won a major after a string of near misses.
* Has spent 22 weeks at world No.1: Oct 31st, 2010-Feb 20th, 2011 and Apr 24th, 2011-May 22nd, 2011.
* End of year world ranking fell from 5th in 2000 to 181st in 2002. Has spent a total of 350 weeks in the world's top 10.
* Yet to win a major. Runner-up: 2010 Masters, 2010 Open Championship, 3rd: 2008 US Open, 2009 Open Championship, 2009 USPGA, 2011 US Open, 2013 Open Championship. Total of 17 top 10s in majors.
* 23 European Tour wins. First was Volvo Scandinavian Masters in August, 1996.
* 2 PGA Tour wins: 1998 Freeport-McDermott Classic, 2010 St Jude Classic.
* Played in 8 Ryder Cups (1997, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012). On winning side 6 times.
* Tied 15th in 2000 US PGA at Valhalla.
- Nationality: England
- Date Of Birth: 24/04/1973
- Birth Place: Worksop, England
- Height: 6ft
|2014||Nedbank Golf Challenge||T16||72+70+78+70||290||2|
|2014||DP World Tour Championship, Dubai||T47||70+71+74+71||286||-2|
|2014||WGC - HSBC Champions||T20||70+73+69+73||285||-3|
|The Open Championship||-||T3||T45||-||2||T3||T67|
|US PGA Championship||T15||T33||-||T8||-||T3||-|
Lee Westwood News
Lee Westwood has criticised the United States team for airing "dirty laundry in public" after their Ryder Cup defeat.
Lee Westwood believes the European team are happy to be favourites for the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles.
England’s Lee Westwood set the early clubhouse target alongside American Kevin Chappell at the US PGA Championship.
In part two of our Sky Golf's end-of-season review, we look back at all the winners on the European Tour during the second half of the season.
As 2014 draws to a close, Sky Sports golf looks back at all the winners on the European Tour during the first half of the season.
We look back at how Paul McGinley’s side continued their recent dominance in the Ryder Cup with a resounding victory at Gleneagles.