Sky Sports F1's British Grand Prix schedule
...And all the reasons you won't want to miss our coverage!
By Sky Sports Online. Last Updated: 29/06/13 9:00pm
It's the showpiece event of the British motorsport summer and Sky Sports F1 will be the place to be for coverage of the 2013 British Grand Prix this weekend...
Having already set the Silverstone scene on Thursday night with the first of two editions of The F1 Show from inside the circuit, Sky Sports F1 will be up bright and early on Friday morning to bring you live track action of Practice One from 9.45am.
Ahead of the second of the week's F1 Shows at 6pm that evening, Natalie Pinkham will be on duty to report direct from the pitlane throughout Practice One alongside Ted Kravitz, while, fresh from his Le Mans podium, Anthony Davidson will be returning to the position of co-commentator alongside David Croft. And, in a special treat, viewers will also hear direct from the Silver Arrows pitwall with Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn communicating direct to the Sky Sports F1 team from the best seat in the Silverstone house throughout the weekend.
During Practice Two, Martin Brundle will be out and about at various points around the legendary Northamptonshire circuit before returning to the commentary box for Saturday afternoon's all-important qualifying session. Coverage of qualy begins at midday and will include:
* A track guide featuring three of the last four British victors at Silverstone - Damon Hill, Johnny Herbert and Lewis Hamilton - touring the circuit and reflecting on their victories.
* Recorded earlier this year at Silverstone, our 'Closer to the cockpit, Part One' feature in which Martin Brundle and Red Bull's Mark Webber guide us through the complexities of the modern-day inner sanctum in a F1 car.
* The latest news, reactions and - potentially! - developments in the testgate saga.
And then it's on to Sunday and the main event itself: The 2013 British Grand Prix.
The full component of Sky Sports F1 pundits, presenters and reporters will be on hand to offer up unmissable coverage from Silverstone and we've lined up a series of cracking features to keep you riveted from 11.30am all the way through to 1pm when the lights go out for the start of the race. Until then, look out for:
* Crofty and Johnny Herbert going camping with the legions of supporters in the campsites around the Silverstone circuit!
* A very British track parade with Natalie Pinkham onboard as the drivers are presented to the fans.
* Part Two of 'Closer to the cockpit' as Martin and Mark discuss the rules of engagement surrounding overtaking and debate the dos and don'ts.
* 'The Great British Quiz' in which Simon Lazenby presides as question-master and a team of Lewis Hamilton, Johnny Herbert and Max Chilton take on Paul Di Resta, Anthony Davidson and Jenson Button. We won't reveal the identity of the winning combination in advance...but we can tell you that it makes for hilarious and rather brilliant entertainment!
So enjoy...and be sure to stay tuned to Sky Sports F1 after the main event itself as the likes of Martin Brundle and Damon Hill dissect the race and Ted Kravitz produces the brilliance that is his notebook.
SKY SPORTS F1's SCHEDULE
Thursday 27th June
3pm - Drivers' Press Conference - Live!
6pm - Classic F1.
8pm - The F1 Show - Live!
Friday 28th June
9:45am - British GP Practice One - Live!
11:55am - GP2 Practice - Live!
1:45pm - British GP Practice Two - Live!
3:55pm - GP2 Qualifying - Live!
5pm - Team Principals' Press Conference.
6pm - The F1 Show - Live!
7pm - British GP Practice One replay.
9:10pm - The F1 Show.
10:10pm - British GP Practice Two replay.
Saturday 29th June
8:45am - GP3 Qualifying - Live!
9:45am - British GP Practice Three - Live!
12pm - British GP Qualifying - Live!
2:35pm - GP2 Feature Race - Live!
4:15pm - GP3 Race One - Live!
7:15pm - British GP Qualifying replay.
Sunday 30th June
11.30am - The 2013 British GP - Live!