Spanish GP Quiz - The Questions
Think you know your Spanish GP history? Well, put your knowledge to the test in our first fiendish quiz of 2013...
Last Updated: 08/05/13 2:13pm
Are you ready for 15 questions to test you Spanish GP knowledge?
1. Who holds the lap record on the current layout at the Circuit de Catalunya?
2. Can you name three of the four other venues to have hosted the Spanish GP?
3. An easy one: Which driver was disqualified from qualifying in 2012 after running out of fuel on his in-lap?
How many times has Fernando Alonso been on the Spanish GP podium?
4. How many times has Fernando Alonso finished on the podium at his home race - once, four times or six times?
5. Pastor Maldonado took his maiden victory at last year's race. Which other two drivers took their first wins at the Spanish GP?
6. Which team has won the race the most times?
7. Which current Formula 1 driver is the most successful at the track?
8. Which father and son have both won the Spanish GP?
9. Which engine manufacturer has been the most succesful at the Circuit de Catalunya with ten victories in 22 races, including the last three?
10. What Olympic event did the circuit host in 1992?
When was the chicane added at the end of the lap?
11. When was the chicane added in the final sector?
12. Which current driver has never won the Spanish GP despite leading three races at the Circuit de Catalunya?
It is a long run to Turn One, but how far?
13. The run from the start to Turn One is the longest on the F1 calendar - but how long is it? Give yourself a mark if your answer is within 50 metres.
14. Which driver set his first F1 fastest lap in last year's race?
15. Who gained the nickname 'Regenmeister' after the 1996 Spanish GP?