Brazil GP permutations: How Sebastian Vettel & Fernando Alonso can win the title
What the two drivers must do to become a three-times champ
Last Updated: 20/11/12 4:35pm
Heading into the final race of the 2012 season, Sebastian Vettel holds a lead of thirteen points over the only other driver who can win the championship, Fernando Alonso.
Here's what the two drivers must each do to become World Champion for the third time in their career...
Sebastian Vettel will win the title if...
* He finishes in fourth place or higher even if Alonso wins.
* He finishes seventh or higher if Alonso is second or lower.
* He finishes ninth or higher if Alonso is third or lower.
* Alonso doesn't finish on the podium.
Fernando Alonso will win the title if...
* He wins and Vettel is fifth or lower.
* He finishes second and Vettel is eighth or lower.
* He finishes on the podium and Vettel is tenth or lower.
Were the drivers to finish with the same number of points, Vettel would win the title having won more races.