Paul di Resta happy to have been linked with top teams for 2013
Scot set to remain at Force India for 2013 campaign
By Pete Gill. Last Updated: 24/10/12 10:42am
Di Resta thrilled to be linked
Although his hopes of moving up the F1 pecking order for the 2013 season have ended in frustration, Paul di Resta says he is flattered and happy to have been repeatedly linked with the likes of Mercedes, McLaren and Ferrari during the last year.
With frontrunners Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes all confirming their line-ups for next season, it appears as if Di Resta, despite his ambitions of moving further up the grid, will remain at Force India for a third successive season.
It's a prospect which pales alongside the possibility, regularly bandied about earlier in the year, that the Scot could replace either Felipe Massa or Michael Schumacher at Ferrari and Mercedes respectively. However, Di Resta is refusing to be downhearted about his near-miss. Better to have been linked and lost than never to have been linked at all...
On Sky Sports
- January 1, 1970 1:00am
"You always want to be linked with these seats and thankfully I was," Di Resta told Sky Sports News. "The best thing to hope for is that I'll get a seat one day. I've always said I want to be winning races and championships, but whoever I'll drive for I'll be 100 per cent committed, driving the car as fast as I can and taking it to new levels."
It remains to be seen, meanwhile, whether Di Resta will continue to be partnered at Force India next season by Nico Hulkenberg. The German continues to remain coy on his plans for 2013, but it's widely expected that he will join Sauber at the end of the year.