Red Bull

Infiniti Red Bull Racing

  • Standing 2nd
  • Points 219

Red Bull Links

Christian Horner insists Red Bull are yet to decide on their driver line-up for 2014

But Red Bull boss not drawn on claims Alonso may be a contender

By Pete Gill and James Galloway at Spa.   Last Updated: 26/08/13 9:04am

  • Share:

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Christian Horner has categorically denied Mark Webber's claim that Daniel Ricciardo has already signed a deal to drive for Red Bull in 2014.

Amid incessant speculation about the identity of his replacement, Webber told Australia's Channel 10 ahead of the Belgian GP: "The decision has been made. We all know who it is. I'm happy with that decision. It's good for him and Australia."

Yet Horner remains adamant that Red Bull are still yet to make a definitive decision with Ricciardo vying against Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, and perhaps Fernando Alonso, to partner Sebastian Vettel in 2014.

"There is plenty of speculation around but nothing has been signed yet," confirmed the Red Bull boss at Spa. "The situation is that we have time to contemplate our selection and there will be no announcement before Monza.

"Mark is not privy to all of our discussions with the drivers but when we are comfortable to announce the decision then we will announce it."

Although Horner has previously declared that only Raikkonen and Ricciardo were in the running to succeed Webber, there have been increasingly suggestive hints that Alonso could also be in the frame. According to paddock rumour, Horner was personally informed at the Hungaroring prior to the summer break that the Spaniard's long-term contract with Ferrari may not be as watertight as previously believed.

"We still haven't fixed anything. We're taking our time to evaluate all our options, and we've been surprised about what those options are," Horner told Sky Sports F1 on Sunday.

"Kimi is without doubt a class driver, but we are also thinking of the future, and there are so many things we have to take into account. He's driven very well this season, probably better than last year, but he's very much his own man as well."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Gutierrez eyes contract talks

Esteban Gutierrez hopes to open contract talks with Sauber soon as the Mexican aims to stay in Formula 1 for 2015.

Ferrari deny Fry reports

Ferrari have denied that Pat Fry has been sacked amid claims that the team’s engineering director will pay the price for the Scuderia’s lacklustre campaign.

Good luck to Vettel

'Good luck to Vettel'

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg were dismissive over reported rumours that Sebastian Vettel could be on his way to the Brackley outfit.

Poll

Most Popular

Features

Hungarian GP report

Hungarian GP report

Daniel Ricciardo wins a wet-dry thriller as Hamilton defies team order amid pitlane to podium charge.

Media angers Horner

Media angers Horner

Exasperated Red Bull boss turns on the press pack after losing patience with a spate of political questions.

Daniel Ricciardo Q&A

Daniel Ricciardo Q&A

You sent in your questions, we got Ricciardo to answer them. Check out what the Aussie had to say.