Red Bull

Infiniti Red Bull Racing

  • Standing 2nd
  • Points 272

Red Bull Links

Daniel Ricciardo denies signing a deal with Red Bull to replace Mark Webber in 2014

Wait goes on for Toro Rosso despite Raikkonen talks 'breaking down'

By Pete Gill.   Last Updated: 22/08/13 6:02pm

  • Share:
Daniel Ricciardo: Still waiting for the Red Bull phone call

Daniel Ricciardo: Still waiting for the Red Bull phone call

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Daniel Ricciardo has insisted he hasn't signed a contract with Red Bull for 2014 - or heard from the team during the summer break.

The young Australian is tipped to replace compatriot Mark Webber alongside Sebastian Vettel next season with a number of media reports last week predicting a deal would be announced at this weekend's Belgian GP.

But according to Ricciardo, there has been no word from the World Champions since July's Hungarian GP as they continue to weigh up the candidature of both the Toro Rosso driver, a graduate of Red Bull's Young Driver Programme, and Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen.

"There's nothing yet and until the call comes from someone over there [Red Bull] about the decision then as far as I know I am just here for this year and don't know anything about next year," confirmed Ricciardo.

Raikkonen's manager, Steve Robertson, briefed reporters on Tuesday that talks between the Finn and Red Bull had irrecoverably broken down "some time ago" but Ricciardo - understood to be the only other candidate to replace Webber - is refusing to count his chickens just yet.

"I've learnt that until something is signed, sealed and delivered then nothing is ever concrete, particularly in this environment," he said.

"Whether that is true or not, who knows, but there are a lot of drivers on the grid with great credentials, and so until something is done I am not going to be celebrating or getting my hopes up.

"I'm not going to assume anything, as far as I am concerned there is still a seat up for grabs."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Alonso angered by rumours

An angry and frustrated Fernando Alonso has questioned the motivation of reports in Italy claiming that he is considering a blockbuster switch to Red Bull.

Sergio Perez: Very close to new Force India deal

Perez 'very close' to new deal

Sergio Perez says he is “very close to committing” to Force India for 2015, but admits anything could happen.

Wehrlein named Merc reserve

Mercedes have named 19-year-old DTM race winner Pascal Wehrlein as their reserve driver from this week's Singapore GP.

Related Profiles

Most Popular

Features

Brundle meets Vettel

Brundle meets Vettel

Seb on the cause of his 2014 issues, transfer rumours, his Singapore pace and more.

Move of the day

Move of the day

In a fierce battle for fifth, Ricciardo eventually gets the better of team-mate Vettel with this move.

Hungarian GP report

Hungarian GP report

Daniel Ricciardo wins a wet-dry thriller as Hamilton defies team order amid pitlane to podium charge.