Red Bull

Infiniti Red Bull Racing

  • Standing 2nd
  • Points 305

Red Bull Links

Daniel Ricciardo denies signing a deal with Red Bull to replace Mark Webber in 2014

Wait goes on for Toro Rosso despite Raikkonen talks 'breaking down'

By Pete Gill.   Last Updated: 22/08/13 6:02pm

  • Share:
Daniel Ricciardo: Still waiting for the Red Bull phone call

Daniel Ricciardo: Still waiting for the Red Bull phone call

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Daniel Ricciardo has insisted he hasn't signed a contract with Red Bull for 2014 - or heard from the team during the summer break.

The young Australian is tipped to replace compatriot Mark Webber alongside Sebastian Vettel next season with a number of media reports last week predicting a deal would be announced at this weekend's Belgian GP.

But according to Ricciardo, there has been no word from the World Champions since July's Hungarian GP as they continue to weigh up the candidature of both the Toro Rosso driver, a graduate of Red Bull's Young Driver Programme, and Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen.

"There's nothing yet and until the call comes from someone over there [Red Bull] about the decision then as far as I know I am just here for this year and don't know anything about next year," confirmed Ricciardo.

Raikkonen's manager, Steve Robertson, briefed reporters on Tuesday that talks between the Finn and Red Bull had irrecoverably broken down "some time ago" but Ricciardo - understood to be the only other candidate to replace Webber - is refusing to count his chickens just yet.

"I've learnt that until something is signed, sealed and delivered then nothing is ever concrete, particularly in this environment," he said.

"Whether that is true or not, who knows, but there are a lot of drivers on the grid with great credentials, and so until something is done I am not going to be celebrating or getting my hopes up.

"I'm not going to assume anything, as far as I am concerned there is still a seat up for grabs."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Honda: No driver decision made

Honda’s Head of Motorsport tells Sky Sports News HQ that no decision has been made on McLaren's 2015 driver line-up.

Jenson Button talks with Craig Slater of Sky Sports News

'Happy' Button expects to stay

Jenson Button says he's happy that he'll be at McLaren in 2015 with the Englishman expected to sign a one-year extension

Nelson Piquet driving for Brabham at the 1981 Spanish GP

Brabham team is revived

The Brabham team has been re-launched with the goal of returning to the Formula 1 grid.

Related Profiles

Most Popular

Features

Team-mate battles

Team-mate battles

Jenson v Kevin? Fernando v Kimi? Which drivers seized the initiative during the opening 14 races.

Who goes where?

Who goes where?

The state of play - officially and unofficially - in the driver market as 2015 decision time looms.

Brundle meets Vettel

Brundle meets Vettel

Seb on the cause of his 2014 issues, transfer rumours, his Singapore pace and more.