Adrian Sutil says all is fine between himself and Force India team-mate Paul di Resta

Pair clashed in China but both targeting strong Bahrain weekend

Last Updated: 16/04/13 7:57pm

  • Share:
Force India: Friendly fire in Shanghai

Force India: Friendly fire in Shanghai

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Adrian Sutil insists there is "no problem" between himself and Force India team-mate Paul di Resta after their collision in the Chinese GP.

The two drivers made contact coming out of hairpin on the opening lap of last Sunday's race as they battled for position, with di Resta taking to the grass after the two VJM06s banged wheels.

Force India's Deputy Team Principal Bob Fernley admitted shortly after the incident during his appearance in Sky Sports F1's Pit Wall Live feature that "we'll be having a little talk" in the team about the incident with the drivers.

And ahead of this weekend's return to action in Bahrain, Sutil has said: "I had a little incident with Paul early on, but we spoke about it, and there's no problem."

The German's Chinese race was ultimately ended at the same hairpin when Sauber's Esteban Gutierrez careered into the back of him, but di Resta recovered from the early incident with his team-mate to take a strong eighth-place finish after an impressive final stint.

F1 on Sky Sports in 2013

Sky Sports F1 is the only place to watch every grand prix live in 2013.

Our dedicated F1 channel will broadcast every race, qualifying and practice session live, along with highlights shows, analysis and even more coverage via the Red Button.

Find out more at sky.com

Having been forced to watch on following his early Shanghai exit, Sutil acknowledged the VJM06's performance hadn't been quite as strong as the opening two rounds of 2013 overall, but predicted a stronger weekend in Bahrain.

"It's never easy, but I think we can learn quite a lot out of the race," he added.

"The pace was not so good at the beginning, but much better at the end. We have to understand why.

"Paul got some good points for the team, but we lost some pace this weekend in general, and there were quite a few quick cars who didn't finish the race. So we have to get a move on in Bahrain! It should be better for us there."

Twelve months ago in Bahrain di Resta employed a two-stop strategy to claim sixth place in the race and the Scot agrees that the conditions, and tyre allocation, at Sakhir should again suit Force India.

"I'm looking forward to it. We're back in the hot weather and we were strong in the heat of Malaysia so there are no real worries," di Resta said.

"Last year the car worked well in Bahrain, which gives us confidence heading into the weekend. We've got a few things to understand and I think we can go forward a bit more. We're back to the medium and hard, the same as we had in Malaysia, where we were strong."

  • Share:

Related

Bahrain GP 2013

Lewis Hamilton: Vettel's rivals face an uphill struggle

Hamilton: Tough task ahead

Lewis Hamilton says Sebastian Vettel's rivals face a "very, very tough" task if they are to stop him taking the title.

Fernando Alonso's DRS failed to close in Bahrain

Ferrari: DRS component failed

Ferrari confirm component failure responsible for Alonso's DRS failure, adding he could have challenged for victory.

Bahrain GP analysis

Spanish GP Race Analysis

Related Profiles

Most Popular

Features

Quiz an F1 boss!

Quiz an F1 boss!

It's an F1 Show Team Principal Special on Friday and we want your questions for the chiefs.

Decisions, decisions

Decisions, decisions

Mark Hughes explains why Fernando Alonso may have to make a decision on his Ferrari future imminently.

Who goes where?

Who goes where?

The state of play - officially and unofficially - in the driver market as 2015 decision time looms.