Bruno Senna says he is still waiting for confirmation over where he will drive in 2013

Brazilian hints at imminent announcement over Williams' plans

Last Updated: 23/11/12 10:28am

  • Share:
Bruno Senna: Hoping he can convince Williams to keep him on

Bruno Senna: Hoping he can convince Williams to keep him on

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Bruno Senna says his Formula 1 future is "not defined yet" but suggests he expects to know soon whether or not he will be retained by Williams.

Although Williams are yet to confirm either of their drivers for next season, Senna's position is thought to be under direct threat from the Grove team's highly-valued young test driver Valtteri Bottas, who has taken over the Brazilian's car for the majority of this season's first practice sessions.

Should Senna lose out at Williams then the 29-year-old has been linked with a switch to Caterham, another team which have yet to announce their 2013 line-up.

But speaking to Sky Sports News ahead of the season-ending grand prix at his home circuit of Interlagos on Thursday, Senna said he was still working hard to earn a contract renewal at Grove.

Asked if he thought he had done enough to stay on at Williams, he admitted: "It's hard to say. Formula 1 is full of turns and different small details so it's important to keep pushing, keep going, be in the right place at the right time.

"We're working on it for sure, but it's not secure yet, so I think we will have a decision or an announcement to be made after the Brazilian Grand Prix. But so far it's business as usual here on the track and focusing on [securing] the best result of the season so far."

Regarding a switch to a rival team, the former HRT and Renault driver said he and his management's focus was on ensuring he was in a competitive seat for 2013, although stressed that for this weekend his mind was purely on racing matters.

"It's difficult to know. It's not defined yet and we are pushing very hard to make sure that I have a competitive seat for next year," Senna said.

"But at the end of the day it's important to keep the right focus for this weekend and push on the competitive side and worry about the [future] races a bit later on."

  • Share:

Related

F1 Transfer Gossip

Alonso angered by rumours

An angry and frustrated Fernando Alonso has questioned the motivation of reports in Italy claiming that he is considering a blockbuster switch to Red Bull.

Sergio Perez: Very close to new Force India deal

Perez 'very close' to new deal

Sergio Perez says he is “very close to committing” to Force India for 2015, but admits anything could happen.

Wehrlein named Merc reserve

Mercedes have named 19-year-old DTM race winner Pascal Wehrlein as their reserve driver from this week's Singapore GP.

Related Profiles

Most Popular

Features

Brundle meets Vettel

Brundle meets Vettel

Seb on the cause of his 2014 issues, transfer rumours, his Singapore pace and more.

The drivers' view

The drivers' view

The 22 drivers reflect on the opening day of running under the floodlights at the Marina Bay.

Friday's pictures

Friday's pictures

Check out the best of the images from Friday's action under the floodlights in Singapore.